cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Messages App - Chat Settings missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried many suggestions from another thread that claims it has been solved, obviously not as there was no solution, so I decided to start a new one. As you can see in my photo below, my chat settings are missing. I would really appreciate a proper fix or solution to this issue that many people are facing with this specific device. Anyone else have ideas or are still stood at this brick wall like myself?Screenshot_20190425-215352_Messages.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Messages App - Chat Settings missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Unbeatablerave Thanks for reaching out. The chat setting is a carrier feature. Have you tried reaching out to your carrier to resolve this issue?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That does seem strange. Did your device update recently before this happened and did it reboot properly?

Have you tried switching your default messaging app with another messaging app (ex. Kakao, Facebook messenger. Etc.) And then switching it back?

If that doesnt work, maybe a soft reboot will help. Back up your phone, factory reset, and then restore your data back onto the phone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you saw a previous thread, I tried all they had there and nothing worked. It included a lot you suggested and still nothing has worked. This has been like this since my purchase of the phone in September 2018. I have two Samsungs from my bogo deal and both have this same issue. 

I'd like to avoid factory resets.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Unbeatablerave Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and service provider? Also is your device an unlocked device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam 

Model# SM-N960U

Baseband - N960USQS1CSD1

Provider is Verizon

My phone should be locked as I'm the only owner

I have another Note 9 I got with this one for a BOGO deal. It also has the same issues. It has all the same info that I placed above. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam 

Are you going to assist me?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Unbeatablerave Thanks for reaching out. The chat setting is a carrier feature. Have you tried reaching out to your carrier to resolve this issue?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungQue 

How can they do anything when it isn't in the device? The actual selection isnt in my phone. Did you look at my screen shot above? Chat settings isnt the only one missing. I'm also missing the Emergency Alert settings. Adam above also asked for all my device details and hasn't gotten back to me at all. Been waiting 2 days.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungQue @SamsungAdam 

So you guys reply and don't finish the discussion and help. Great work mods. I'd at least expect to finish a possible solution before you guys disappear. Shows a lot.

I need help and want answers please. I have sat here waiting for mods to reply which they fail to do so.

Fix your support mods.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend performing a factory reset. Please ensure all data is backed up prior to doing so.