cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Visual Voicemail is no longer working on my Note 10 plus

January of this year I have purchased a unlocked Galaxy Note 10 plus in which I am happy with. But suddenly I have noticed that the built-in Visual Voicemail app is no longer working (indicating: Something went wrong. We ran into a problem. Try again later.) So I called my cellular provider (Cricket  Wireless) they went through the process from my IMEI, ICCID and reset the voicemail and everything. It still did not resolve the issue. I even went through the app and clear the cache and data. Nothing. Install the previous version of the app. Still nothing. Strangely I downloaded the Cricket Wireless Visual Voicemail app from the Google Play Store and it worked.Smiley Indifferent

When I search the app on the Galaxy Store I can't seem to find it. But when I go into the "App details in store" link in the "App info" it pops up. Here's the link:
http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appld=com.samsung.vvm.se&cld=000004550551

This app was working perfectly fine before and I honestly don't know what happened. I dont know if the update from this month or last month affected it. Or samsung is quietly removing this app on certain phones. This problem has been going around and people have been posting here, on the web, and in the Galaxy Store. Please fix the application (it was working perfectly fine before) it is clean and should be built-in with your phones like how Apple has their's.

Screenshot_20200708-143629_Voicemail.jpgScreenshot_20200708-143557_Voicemail.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Visual Voicemail is no longer working on my Note 10 plus

so the voicemail app is cricket carrier visual voicemail app?

Highlighted
Asteroid

@userZIFdffvQWq wrote:

so the voicemail app is cricket carrier visual voicemail app?

Unfortunately that is what I'm using now. Before I used to use Samsung Visual Voicemail, but now it seems to not to work anymore for some odd reason 🤔

Highlighted
Constellation

I got the same thing yesterday on AT&T.   I think that update (new icon) has soemthing to do with it.

I've been searching for an answer on how to fix this but there are none so far

Highlighted
Asteroid

@Samsung_qYSdPcN wrote:

I got the same thing yesterday on AT&T.   I think that update (new icon) has soemthing to do with it.

I've been searching for an answer on how to fix this but there are none so far

That's what I'm thinking too. Because this app used to work perfectly fine.

Highlighted
Astronaut

My visual voicemail stopped working this week too. I've been looking everywhere to find out what's wrong, and my cell company told me it must be with the phone. It shows the voicemail icon on the top of my screen but when you go to the phone and go to the visual voicemail nothing is in there. Now I have to dial my voicemail and enter my password each time to retrieve them. 

*Following

Highlighted
Asteroid

@RonCarringtonJr wrote:

My visual voicemail stopped working this week too. I've been looking everywhere to find out what's wrong, and my cell company told me it must be with the phone. It shows the voicemail icon on the top of my screen but when you go to the phone and go to the visual voicemail nothing is in there. Now I have to dial my voicemail and enter my password each time to retrieve them. 

*Following

Same here. And from all the other posts I have read so far in these forums nearly everyone has been having this issue.

Now those moderators don't have to leave a quick reply by saying; contact your carrier because it's a carrier issue.

Which is not a carrier issue. They just need to fix it!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I just posted and then saw your post. I have the same problem and after the reset now I can't access vvm at all!! I can't set it up... Java:can't connect to server. It's bs!! I tried the att vvm app but it's only for landlines 😭😭 I need it back!!! I hate calling into my VM lol #spoiledbyvvm hahah

Highlighted
Asteroid

Something interesting happened this morning 🤔Screenshot_20200709-080430_Voicemail.jpg

But the thing is, when I did a voicemail test (send a voicemail to my number) it didn't pop up automatically. I had to go to the app and hit refresh 😑

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Same problem Galaxy S20 unlocked.  Was on the phone with AT&T for an hour trying to fix this when I suddenly realized it was the built in app that was at fault.  I contacted Samsung yesterday to make them aware of this and they said they would put in a ticket with the developers to fix this.  Fingers crossed.  

Update:  Just checked mine now and it is fixed.  Go into your app and try to go throught the setup again.