JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not a screenburn but looks like a screenburn.

(Topic created: 01-14-2024 10:16 PM)
Members_NH2PMG0
Astronaut
Options
Note20
  • Today, an image appeared on my screen. It looks like a burn, but I don't think it is because of the shape and behavior. Pic attached, screenshot wont capture. Image on screen that is Rectangular, Yellowish, Transparent, brighter lines under text that draws down that happens on entire screen. Appears in Safe Mode. Bright line Trails started late in day. Only thing new was Ring doorbell set up. Christmas special was discount on Ring doorbell w/$10 for old. App was inslled within the month. New ring doorbell and it looked the same as a 2 year old one except batt is fixed. 2 years ago I got NIB Sealed from Amazon Corp as apology for thefts and incident with our driver quitting on rainy day. He took all packages and dumped them on side road in country, 2 .Iles from home. Crazy stuff. Anyway, decided to keep old one to save money. Basicly, doorbells were NIB. I Uninstalled Ring anyway. 

Rebooted, Appears in Safe Mode. No new apps. No programs run. No emails opened. Use Bitdefender Security.

It has gotten worse as day went on.

This is my first time ever reaching out like this and hope I've done it right.

IMG_0027.jpg

 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with the image retention. We will be happy to take a look at this with you.

Some things to try to correct the image retention are similar to screen burn-in.

• Power it off. Leaving your phone off for a few hours could help lessen the impact of burn-in. If your issue goes away completely, you probably just had image retention.
  • Try a burn-in remover video. YouTube has a number of fast-paced, colorful videos that are designed to combat burn-in.
  • Download a fixer app. These test to see if your phone has burn-in. They'll then run a pixel refresh or adjust your settings so the discoloration isn't as visible.
  • Replace the screen. If nothing has worked to reduce burn-in, you may need to purchase a new screen. But first, check your device's warranty to see if screen replacement is covered.

You can also run the diagnostics in the Samsung Members app to test the hardware. Open the Members app, click on the Support tab, and select Diagnostics.

To have the screen repairs, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with the image retention. We will be happy to take a look at this with you.

Some things to try to correct the image retention are similar to screen burn-in.

• Power it off. Leaving your phone off for a few hours could help lessen the impact of burn-in. If your issue goes away completely, you probably just had image retention.
  • Try a burn-in remover video. YouTube has a number of fast-paced, colorful videos that are designed to combat burn-in.
  • Download a fixer app. These test to see if your phone has burn-in. They'll then run a pixel refresh or adjust your settings so the discoloration isn't as visible.
  • Replace the screen. If nothing has worked to reduce burn-in, you may need to purchase a new screen. But first, check your device's warranty to see if screen replacement is covered.

You can also run the diagnostics in the Samsung Members app to test the hardware. Open the Members app, click on the Support tab, and select Diagnostics.

To have the screen repairs, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

0 Likes