Original topic:

Phone Data/Networking Doesn't Work at all

(Topic created: 02-21-2024 09:34 AM)
suaibme
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hello Samsung community. Please I need your help.

I recently bought a samsung galaxy note 20 ultra 5G, based in Ghana.

The model is something like this: SM-N986U/DS

Issue:

Now, I use it for calls, can connect to wifi, and do everything, except using the phone's own data for internet.

When I put the phone's own data on, it shows the data has been put on, but no bars to show download or upload speeds, no internet, and nothing works on the network side. (so kind of like, I can only use WiFi when I want to use the internet on the phone).

Solutions already tried:
1. I went to the Access Point Names to do some settings, but the "Access Point Names" button doesn't even open. Note, it's not like it opens but rather doesn't give me a menu. It literally doesn't open. When you click it, nothing happens, so there's no settings to do.

1. 2. When I go to "Settings", "About Phone", then "Status Information", then "SIM card Status", the mobile network state is labelled as "Disconnected" too.

This issue happened just when I unboxed though, so it's been like that since the beginning.
    I am using MTN network - and the SIM worked perfectly on my old Tecno phone

I have restarted the phone, done a few factory resets, to no avail.

Please I need your help. Here's a video to see how things are.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xjz_WAuGgqUxURDhfcRAU2j3ctk7rNOM/view?usp=sharing

Thank you very much

0 Likes
7 Replies
Tpalardy
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Where access point names is, below is networks- you need a network for internet, usually gives options.
0 Likes
suaibme
Constellation
Options
Note20

Yes please, under that, I have MTN selected, which is the carier network I'm using, and it still doesn't work.

I've tried inserting another carier, it didn't work too

0 Likes
Tpalardy
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Can you try another? Did you turn off automatic connection?
0 Likes
Tpalardy
Astronaut
Options
Note20
If not youll have to contact mtnz might be them having issues
0 Likes
suaibme
Constellation
Options
Note20

Yes please, I tried another carier, and had the same issues. I tried contacting MTN, and they said from their side, everything is okay (that's my SIM) card had no issues. And the fact that the SIM card works fine and data works fine when I remove it and put into another phone, means that the issue could be with the phone.

0 Likes
suaibme
Constellation
Options
Note20

I'm also considering replacing my SIM (card) tomorrow, even though I'm not sure if it will work. But I will try it and let you know.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

We apologize, but you have reached technical support for products manufactured for usage in the United States. Please visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html to find your country's support page.

0 Likes