Original topic:

A53 USB wired output

(Topic created: 01-22-2024 06:08 PM)
StevenWP2
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have been using my A53 with a USB-C to RCA for audio output since I got it six months ago. After my phone OS upgraded this morning (1/22/24), the USB output no longer works.  When I plug in the cable (new in November 23), the internal speaker stays on and no signal seems to be sent from the USB port. The phone mounts my PC and charges fine via USB, so I'm guessing it's not the port. I've cleared the cache and booted in safe mode, neither having any affect. My guess is there's some "button" I need to click staring me right in the face and I will feel silly when it's made clear... I can live with that! 😉  Thanks in advance...

4 Replies
ferdnyc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I neither have one of those cables nor know anything about USB audio, BUT... I happened to notice, when searching the Settings app for "USB", that the Developer Mode settings has a switch, "Disable USB audio routing"... which is *enabled* on my phone. I don't know why I would've enabled that myself (like I said, I don't use USB audio), so is it possible it's enabled by default? Seems worth checking.

You'd have to unlock the developer settings, there are plenty of resources online explaining how to do that. (I don't remember the exact procedure, but it's something silly, like "go into Settings > Software information and tap the android version 8 times".)
0 Likes
StevenWP2
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks, I checked and it was set correctly.

Cheers,

Steve

0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
maybe Samsung brand display port adapter would work i have a similar issue, years later.
0 Likes
StevenWP2
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks, I'll look into it!

0 Likes