Original topic:

A54 5g no network registration

(Topic created: 03-21-2024 09:31 AM)
Neil515
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Getting not registered on any network errors.
Xfinity my carrier replaced simm card still same problem, have to restart phone and reset network settings to get it to connect. And if anyone calls goes right to voice mail.
Any ideas?
0 Likes
6 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

the A54 has a dual sim (e-sim & physical sim).  Perhaps try having Xfinity provision the e-sim and see if that helps.  Perhaps there is a defect in your phone's sim card reader, otherwise there would be one other reason for an undamaged sim card not to work--the card may not be completely seated in the tray. 

0 Likes
Neil515
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ok, I'll give it a try, doesn't do all the time intermittent thats what makes it a pita thanks
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The fact that its intermittent makes me think the sim is not completely snapped into the tray and may be moving slightly. Also the A54 sim tray is two sided, one side for sim, the other for SD. Make sure the card is on the correct side, even though the cards are different shapes/suzes snd shouldn't fit in the wrong slot. Best bet to avoid all that, though is to provision the e-sim.(assuming you dont actually need dual sims at the moment.
0 Likes
Neil515
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm using the SD slot, next time it happens I'll go simm and reset it. Also installed a simm tool manger app to catch anything but of course it hasn't acted up so I can check it
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

could also be your tray is ever so slightly bent.  Those trays are delicate.  I seriously would suggest provisioning the e-sim and saving the physical sim slot for if you want to have a second line (such as if you travel and want to purchase a sim for the country you are in).  

Also, maybe there's a fingerprint on the sim electronics that is causing read errors.  Try wiping it with a soft cloth, check the tray for damage and make sure the sim is snapped in tight.

0 Likes
Neil515
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks for your help, I saw other threads with the same problem I follow up if I find anything
0 Likes