JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot connect Galaxy A71 to desktop

(Topic created: 07-16-2023 11:27 AM)
gadisam
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have Galaxy A71. Until today, I used to connect it with a USB cable to my desktop (Windows 10), it appeared as a drive in Explorer, and I could easily transfer photos from my gallery to my desktop. However, today suddenly I can't connect it anymore - I get a message "USB device not recognized". It happens also when I try to connect it to my laptop, and with any USB cable, so the problem is definitely in my cell phone. What went wrong? How can I fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
gadisam
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Well, eventually it  turned out to be a hardware problem, I stepped into a mobile lab, they replaced some components and the problem is solved.

Thanks to all those who tried to help.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Sprocket99
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The USB connection type on the phone probably changed. Some of the choices will cause USB data to get disabled such as charging phone only choice. It won't show up on any computer in that case.

You simply need to try changing it. It should show up as a notification on the phone when connected.

Otherwise, you messed up your phone somehow from something that shouldn't have been done.
0 Likes
gadisam
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You simply need to try changing it. It should show up as a notification on the phone when connected - I get no notification on my phone.

you messed up your phone somehow - most probably, the question is what, and how to fix it.

0 Likes
NoctisCaelum
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It could also be your USB port on your phone. You can also try to install the Samsung USB driver to your laptop/PC. Here's the link >> https://developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver 

0 Likes
gadisam
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Sorry, but I didn't quite understand your reply: If the problem is in phone's USB port, how could a new USB driver on my PC fix it?

And besides, It's highly improbable that the existing USB drivers on both my laptop and PC broke down simultaneously.

0 Likes
Solution
gadisam
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Well, eventually it  turned out to be a hardware problem, I stepped into a mobile lab, they replaced some components and the problem is solved.

Thanks to all those who tried to help.

0 Likes