JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A13 no longer allowing input of certain characters

(Topic created: 09-27-2023 07:23 PM)
jimcheval
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I suddenly find I can't in put a "1" or a "c" on my Galaxy. I tried installing Gboard but have the same problem. I have also tried rebooting, clearing the cache, etc.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jimcheval
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

OK, I couldn't figure out how to boot in safe mode on a phone, but in trying, I brought up the menu using the Power and the Volume buttons and scrolled down to Repair Apps (or something similar). Which worked!

For future reference, how DOES one boot in safe mode on a phone?

View solution in context

8 Replies
userra
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
What letters are where the c and 1 are supposed to be? Is your language settings for the keyboard correct?
0 Likes
jimcheval
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It doesn't type other characters; it just doesn't type anything for those letters. If I keep trying, I can sometimes get C - but TWO C's, which both disappear if I try to delete one.

My keyboard settings seem to be fine; plus, I tried Google's keyboard as well.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@jimcheval Where are you trying to input those characters? If it is only one or two places, it is possible that those aren't valid characters in that entry field. 

0 Likes
jimcheval
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Nope. First had the problem in AOL, but then I tried Google search, same problem. 
At least in Google Search I can use Voice.

Plus, where would 1 and c not be valid?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@jimcheval As a troubleshooting step, boot your phone in safe mode. If everything works properly while booted in safe mode you know that the issue is caused by some 3rd party software that you installed. 

0 Likes
Solution
jimcheval
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

OK, I couldn't figure out how to boot in safe mode on a phone, but in trying, I brought up the menu using the Power and the Volume buttons and scrolled down to Repair Apps (or something similar). Which worked!

For future reference, how DOES one boot in safe mode on a phone?

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi there @jimcheval!  Here's a link with the steps to get your phone into safe mode just incase you need it in the future 🙂

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Don't hesitate to reach out in the future if you need additional assistance!

jimcheval
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks.