Original topic:

Galaxy A52 not showing network mode option

(Topic created: 03-09-2024 05:42 AM)
StevenGTX
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just switched from AT&T to T-Mobile. I had used a 5G network previously on my AT&T plan, but I switched it back to 4G LTE because AT&T wanted too much. T-Mobile offers 5G on all their plans. I have the Galaxy A52 5G (and my wife's phone is the Galaxy A51 5G; same situation applies). After switching services, both phones were only connected only to 4G LTE. The people at T-Mobile looked for the Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode setting and did not find it on either phone. 

I believe this has to do with the AT&T software (when I boot the phone, it's still displaying the AT&T logo). Short of doing a factory reset (which is no guarantee to fix this problem), I'm at a loss on how to correct this problem. The sales person at T-Mobile thought the only way to to get a new phone (of course!). 

Any one else had this issue and solved it? 

0 Likes
23 Replies
StevenGTX
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Did not have any effect, even when selecting NR (5g only). 

0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Is there 5g service where you are currently. I had tmobile and only had 5g in cities
0 Likes
StevenGTX
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes. I live in the Austin area. There is more than this going on with this phone. I just tried to call T-Mobile customer service with both the 611 (it tried AT&T) and the T-Mobile number, which seemed to be blocked. I'm think I'm going to have to do a factory reset and see if that solves my problem. AT&T has completely locked my phone down. 

0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Did you unlock with Att
0 Likes
StevenGTX
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes. And they sent me an email that the unlock was complete. It allowed me to connect to T-Mobile. However, I don't think this was complete. I did a factory reset, and  the phone still thinks it's an AT&T phone. It reported a non-AT&T SIM card. I think I may be **bleep**. I bought the phone from AT&T, so I'm stuck. 

0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That's just the bloatware. You can disable those. The screen will always say att on boot too. Did you sim or esim
0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Is there an apn on phone. If there is delete if att
0 Likes
StevenGTX
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Only a T-Mobile US LTE