Original topic:

Galaxy A53 - Can't access to Android > Data folder

(Topic created: 02-08-2024 07:29 PM)
Euphoria6
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I've been trying to move app files to my SD card, only ot doesn't move everything (the data). I tried going to the data folder to move them, but I can't access it?? It tells me I need a computer?? I'm not tech savy so I don't know how that works. Is there any easier way to do this??

4 Replies
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The data folder on SD cards doesn't usually need to be transferred as long as all your apps have transferred.
0 Likes
Euphoria6
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
No I mean on the main folder
0 Likes
LOLOBOLO
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

have the same issue,  can't access data folder on sd card 

realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You can no longer run apps off an SD card.  You may be able to move your apps there, but they won't work, because moving them is not installing them and they will not install to an SD card.  Years ago, and many Android versions ago, you used to be able to format the SD card to be an extension of the phone's HD, but with the advent of larger storage capacity of the phones, it can no longer be done.  SD cards are not designed for the constant use of running apps.

The SD card (if your phone has it) is strictly for things like web downloads, music, photos - anything that is not an app. So, if you are looking to free up space on your phone, move over your data files, not your apps, and set your camera to store photos on the SD card.

0 Likes