Original topic:

Install new providers Android package after switching phone carriers

(Topic created: 03-14-2024 06:02 AM)
MikeL85
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I keep an old Galaxy S7phone as backup and recently switched carriers from AT&T to T-Mobile. Is there somewhere I can obtain and install the T-Mobile Android firmware for the S7 so I can eliminate some of the AT&T artifacts that will not delete? 

5 Replies
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You may have to Unlock the carrier for the S7 too
If it's already unlocked then you should just have to put the SIM into the S7 for it to switch to that carrier
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Doing a Factory Reset will probably do it
0 Likes
incog_
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It all depends where you got the phone. If it's through the carrier, then the best you can do is remove the packages via adb debugging mode, a cable n PC. You have to really research what you remove. Anything can be undone with a command or wipe will fix too. Verizon is notorious for installing a service that will reinstall apps you delete off the phone. Usually games for some nefarious reason.

If the device is non carrier branded, then there is nothing pre installed. A factory reset would do it or using adb commands as well. Once again adb commands are not for everyone
0 Likes
Billfish
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What do you do if phone is destroyed and you can't remember passcode at sighs in for Google don't have my previous phone can't use because the screen was destroyed, ND help can't access g mail from my new phone
0 Likes
Billfish
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Please help
0 Likes