Original topic:

Looking for affordable 5G phones with Rear-mounted Fingerprint

(Topic created: 02-19-2024 08:13 AM)
RAMWolff
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi,

I recently bought an A 32, happy to have good functioning 5G but the side fingerprint sensor doesn't work at all with my fat fingers.  It's too late to return it to Amazon so I'm kinda stuck with it.  I'm currently on the hunt for AFFORDABLE smart phones with a Rear-mounted Fingerprint sensor as those mostly work for me.  Amazon doesn't have a good search for that so you end up with a mixture of 4G and 5G phones and allot of times you have to really really hunt for where that sensor is.  So I'm reaching out to the community here to hopefully track down a 5G phone with a Rear-mounted Fingerprint sensor.

Thanks so much

Richard McCormick 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RAMWolff
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I do use earbuds but this phone moved away from using a proprietary input.  Instead the supply an adapter that goes into the USB slot and accepts wired earbuds, which all I use since my luck with bluetooth is sort of horrible, esp when in busy areas.  Purchased that phone I mentioned above and a case (I love the wallet designs so I can keep little extras with the phone when I'm out an about like an emergency 20 bucks and my clipper card for the buss.  

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
nate88L
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
41461photosphotosfoforɔ
0 Likes
RAMWolff
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have no idea what this is.... 

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Depends on your definition of affordable.  Try BLU or ASUS, they used to have rear fingerprint readers, which I also prefer. Last time I looked, I think Motorola had a model with rear reader, as well.  I think most manufacturers are phasing them out in favor of the on-screen reader.  

If you have trouble with the front fingerprint reader, may I suggest you try face recognition to unlock your phone?

0 Likes
RAMWolff
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Didn't know phones had front fingerprint readers. That would be so much easier in my eyes.  I was hoping to stay with Samsung but your suggesting Blu or ASUS, which I didn't know ASUS made phones.  Affordable, budget smart phones like under 150.00, I don't use mine for everything, just texts, phone and little things like an occasional search.  I use my tablet or big desktop for major viewing stuff.  I'm older and my eye strain using smaller screens is no fun!  I did find one other phone on Amazon called OnePlus Nord.  It's in my cart until I can get all, if any, other suggestions, sorted out in my brain.  Thanks so much 

0 Likes
RAMWolff
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I think I've settled on this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B3B8VY4D/ref=ewc_pr_img_2?smid=AZLYIIMUNEUHN&psc=1

It DOES have a front fingerprint scanner.  COOL.  The speaker isn't that great according to the reviewer (The Russian guy) but as I stated I really only use the phone as a phone most of the time.  Thanks for the suggestions!  😎

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My first smart phone was a BLU. The furst year they came out. It served me well. If you basically only need a phone that does some stuff, I don't think you can really go wrong with BLU at its price point. Veering away from Samsung us only problematic if you have a Samsung Smart watch and use it's advanced health features.

And, it doesn't matter if the speaker is not great, that's what earbuds are for. Sound quality is subjective snyway.
0 Likes
Solution
RAMWolff
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I do use earbuds but this phone moved away from using a proprietary input.  Instead the supply an adapter that goes into the USB slot and accepts wired earbuds, which all I use since my luck with bluetooth is sort of horrible, esp when in busy areas.  Purchased that phone I mentioned above and a case (I love the wallet designs so I can keep little extras with the phone when I'm out an about like an emergency 20 bucks and my clipper card for the buss.  

0 Likes