JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phonetic Name Pronunciation Problem.

(Topic created: 03-24-2024 08:50 AM)
Daieya
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I've just recently discovered this problem with my grandmother's Samsung AO3s where the Caller ID announcer pronounces the our names wrong even after changing the phonetic name. I tried checking if anyone else had the same problem but didn't find any articles, so I just reset the phone to see maybe if it was a problem with her phone. It didn't work.

"Grace Unto You But Never Peace."

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello Daieya, Welcome to the Community. Thank you for this feedback. We know how frustrating it can be to have your names mispronounced.

The caller ID announcements are computer generated, and unfortunately are not always correct. 

We are happy to tag this on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello Daieya, Welcome to the Community. Thank you for this feedback. We know how frustrating it can be to have your names mispronounced.

The caller ID announcements are computer generated, and unfortunately are not always correct. 

We are happy to tag this on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes