Original topic:

Problems with RTT(real time text)

(Topic created: 03-13-2024 10:03 PM)
antisocial1p3rson
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I've been trying to do RTT with someone but everytime I try to do it, it says "RTT not available for this call" what does that mean?
0 Likes
2 Replies
MamaD79
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It sounds like the other person doesn't have RTT capability . My daughter and son both have a Samsung and it allows us to RTT text, my other kids, daughter in law and son in law have iPhones and we csnt. Just my thoughts though šŸ™‚
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the importance of being able to use RTT.

Type back and forth in real time with the other person while on a call. You can use RTT whenever you are calling someone whose phone also supports RTT or is connected to a teletypewriter (TTY) device. The RTT icon appears on all incoming RTT calls.

1. From the Phone app, tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Settings.

2. Tap Real Time Text for the following options:

• RTT call button: Choose a visibility option for the RTT call button.
  • Always visible: Show the RTT call button on the keypad and during calls.
  • Use external TTY keyboard: Hide the RTT keyboard when an external TTY keyboard is connected.
  • TTY mode: Choose the preferred TTY mode for the keyboard in use.

Do you see an RTT icon appear when this person calls you? @MamaD79 may be correct, and the other person may not have the RTT capability.

0 Likes