JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Won't Scan QR Codes

(Topic created: 04-02-2023 10:17 AM)
ryancasler
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
In the main Camera app I can no longer scan QR codes even though the setting is on. I have tried turning Scene Optimization on and off but that doesn't help 100% of the time. I have had to download a separate barcode scanning app to scan codes. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand how inconvenient it can be when your qr code isn't scanning. If you've already went through troubleshooting like cleaning your camera, trying it at different angles, and restarting your device, and it's still not working and not wanting to go through a factory data reset, I would suggest submitting an error report to our developers. 

You can submit an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

View solution in context

8 Replies
salbri
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Try resting your settings not a factory setting
0 Likes
ryancasler
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
No thanks. Don't really feel like setting everything on my phone back up again for something that might not actually fix the problem. I'll use the other app.
0 Likes
c3aJeff
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same problem
DHaasmeister
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue with me.
Shay2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue and receiving a camera failed error as well
0 Likes
userhmI9YfJClg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same problem here and hate resetting to factor settings. Fix issues
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand how inconvenient it can be when your qr code isn't scanning. If you've already went through troubleshooting like cleaning your camera, trying it at different angles, and restarting your device, and it's still not working and not wanting to go through a factory data reset, I would suggest submitting an error report to our developers. 

You can submit an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

DCTrim1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue here.