JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2023 TV freezes when watching ESPN+

(Topic created: 08-13-2023 03:10 PM)
Neptune LLC
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

my 2023 Samsung smart TV freezes when I watch ESPN+ I tried restarting the TV and the TV freezes after a while. is this a software issue on these TVs

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Let me take this time to say, welcome to the community Neptune LLC! I can definitely understand your concern here. Let's try to alleviate some of the stress by trying a couple of other things since we know it's not just this app having this issue.

Update the firmware using your TV's network connection.
If your TV is connected to the internet, you can update the firmware using your TV's Settings menu.

Navigate to and select Settings, select All Settings, and then select Support. Select Software Update, and then select Update Now.

Your TV will check for an update. If one is available, it will sart downloading the update. After the update is installed, the TV will shut down and restart.

Once the TV restarts, press and hold the Power button on your remote until the TV turns off and back on.

Download the firmware from Samsung.
If your TV is not connected to the internet, you can download the update from the Samsung website.

On a computer, navigate to the Samsung Download Center. Select your product type, your device, and your model. Select Confirm.

Next, select DOWNLOAD next to Firmware. Using a USB drive, extract the firmware file. Make sure there are no other files or folders on the USB drive.

Connect the USB drive to a USB port on your TV. Navigate to Settings, select All Settings, and then select Support. Select Software Update, and then select Update Now.

The TV will install the update and then restart. Once the TV restarts, press and hold the Power button on your remote until the TV turns off and back on.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hi there!  Is ESPN+ the only app that's freezing for you?  If it is, that would be an issue with the app itself that would need to be addressed with the developers.  One thing that I would suggest trying if possible would be a wired connection to see if that helps alleviate the issue. 

We look forward to hearing back from you!

0 Likes
Neptune LLC
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
No. it is the tv that is freezing
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Let me take this time to say, welcome to the community Neptune LLC! I can definitely understand your concern here. Let's try to alleviate some of the stress by trying a couple of other things since we know it's not just this app having this issue.

Update the firmware using your TV's network connection.
If your TV is connected to the internet, you can update the firmware using your TV's Settings menu.

Navigate to and select Settings, select All Settings, and then select Support. Select Software Update, and then select Update Now.

Your TV will check for an update. If one is available, it will sart downloading the update. After the update is installed, the TV will shut down and restart.

Once the TV restarts, press and hold the Power button on your remote until the TV turns off and back on.

Download the firmware from Samsung.
If your TV is not connected to the internet, you can download the update from the Samsung website.

On a computer, navigate to the Samsung Download Center. Select your product type, your device, and your model. Select Confirm.

Next, select DOWNLOAD next to Firmware. Using a USB drive, extract the firmware file. Make sure there are no other files or folders on the USB drive.

Connect the USB drive to a USB port on your TV. Navigate to Settings, select All Settings, and then select Support. Select Software Update, and then select Update Now.

The TV will install the update and then restart. Once the TV restarts, press and hold the Power button on your remote until the TV turns off and back on.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location