Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 05-13-2017 06:48 AM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

536 Replies
userbYcaRky2P6
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have a Nintendo Switch hooked up to my television as well.  Randomly changing to another HDMI port even though it hasn't been touched and in sleep mode.  I also have an issue with naming the individual ports.  The revert back to the default names after a day or so.  I have a 49" curved TV KU6500 UHD

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hey guys, We have gotten back a partial answer in regards to the TV when connected to the Nintendo Switch. The television has an autoo-detect feature, as most of you are well aware, which causes the TV to switch to the source of the Nintendo. This happens because the Nintendo is only in sleep mode and not fully turned off. This can be fixed by following the below steps:

• In the Settings Menu of the Nintendo Switch, select TV Settings.
  • Find Match TV Power State, and select it to turn it off.
  • This will stop the TV from automatically changing sources.  

This is only in regards to the Issue with Nintendo Switch. I have not heard anything back in regards to the rest of the issue, this is still being looked into. Thank you guys for remaining patient with us, I know it has been very frustrating to deal with for this long. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userp1Awfz2Xgo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Well that is hugely disappointing. From the above I can only presume that Samsung STILL don't believe that giving us an option to turn off auto detecting HDMI should happen.

What about the rest of us? People who have PC's that are constantly connected and makes the TV switch over? The fact is, you aren't going to find a 'work around' for ever device like you've done with the Nintendo Switch.

Please just understand that it's YOUR feature that isn't fit for purpose, not our devices that are connected to the TV. Give us an option to turn this feature off that actually TURNS IT OFF!

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

All I can say is it has been escalated, we've passed on you're words and given them links to this thread and others. I'm sorry nothing has come of it yet, but they have assured us they are still working on it. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Amerika
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

@Samsung_Stephanie wrote:

Hey guys, We have gotten back a partial answer in regards to the TV when connected to the Nintendo Switch. The television has an autoo-detect feature, as most of you are well aware, which causes the TV to switch to the source of the Nintendo. This happens because the Nintendo is only in sleep mode and not fully turned off. This can be fixed by following the below steps:

This is only in regards to the Issue with Nintendo Switch. I have not heard anything back in regards to the rest of the issue, this is still being looked into. Thank you guys for remaining patient with us, I know it has been very frustrating to deal with for this long. 

I already tried that over two months ago when the Switch came out and it did not work.  I believe others have mentioned it here as well in this thread.  One of the first things I did was look around for any settings that might cause the situation both on the TV and the Switch.  Turning off "Match Power State" does not fix the issue.  At least it doesn't for my model of TV.

0 Likes
useritLk72VQ5c
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

@Amerika wrote:

@Samsung_Stephanie wrote:

I already tried that over two months ago when the Switch came out and it did not work.  I believe others have mentioned it here as well in this thread.  One of the first things I did was look around for any settings that might cause the situation both on the TV and the Switch.  Turning off "Match Power State" does not fix the issue.  At least it doesn't for my model of TV.

I tried this as well. As soon as the switch came out I was experiencing this issue and tried every relevant setting you can think of including this. 

Does. Not. Work.

We need the option to turn off this auto switcher entirely. Not work arounds. We need a firmware update with that option specifically (that works) to correct the problem. 

Samsung KS8000. 

0 Likes
userqVePXDLIGt
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

What do I do if my Samsung UN55KU6500FXZA changes inputs every 10 minutes exactly?? This began happening suddenly this morning when I turned it on. How does one watch a TV that does this?

0 Likes
userthMML2c3gc
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have the same problem with my KS8000 and the Nintendo Switch. Disabling "Match TV Power State" on the switch did not help at all. I already turned it off in erly March. Problem still exists. I allways have to put the switch out of its dock in order to get rid of it. Not the most comfortable solution and might not be the best for Switchs battery in the long run.

Like many others in this forum i would realy like to disable the auto-input-selection.

0 Likes
userp1Awfz2Xgo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I don't have a Nintendo Switch, so you guys are telling me the guys at Samsung have been looking into this issue for at least a month and the thing they suggest has been tried already and confirmed not to work on this thread 2 months ago? 

God help us... They really don't want to admit this 'feature' is broken and not fit for purpose, do they?

Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Don't you just love the way Samsung's standard response is always to blame the other device?  Well I've got news for you Samsung my other device is a Samsung BDD/PVR combo.  So who's to blame there?

There is another thread in this forum about ARC settings reverting to TV speakers every time the TV is turned on.  It must be the fault of the soundbar.

Well I have this issue too, and, yes, the soundbar is a Samsung. Their current TVs are not even compatible with their own products. And yes, Samsung describe this as a "feature doing what it should".

Unless this is fixed PDQ I will have bought my last Samsung poduct ever, of any kind.