JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-16-2019 12:54 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

JUMP TO SOLUTION
418 Replies
usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Unrepairable junk.  Physical damage from heat.  Samsung does not stand behind their products.

VKtravel
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I am having the SAME EXACT issue with mine.  I didn't even realize it was ot until I touched it just now.  Please let me know how to repair this issue.  

0 Likes
usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Nothing can be done.  Physical damage from heat.  Avoid Samsung.

0 Likes
usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Unrepairable junk.  Physical damage due to heat.  Samsung does not stand behind their products.  AVOID.

0 Likes
Benchap
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Please Help!

I have the same/similar issue on my UN55JS9000:

1. It displays the vertical light bleed in 2D/3D mode on the left side
  2. It displays vertical shaded (overlap) bars in 3D mode that move/change depending on what's being displayed (both via HDMI and streaming - so not a connection issue)

Light Bleed:

Left Side Light BleedLeft Side Light Bleed

Strange 'moving' vertical bars in 3D Mode:

Left Side Bar AloneLeft Side Bar AloneBars on Both SidesBars on Both SidesRight side bar alone w/light bleed on leftRight side bar alone w/light bleed on left

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
User-Q7MuE8H
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Same issue with mine as well what is the solution to this

0 Likes
userhUIpBPH8wm
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I've been having this issue (bleeding, overheating) for a long time and just randomly stumbled upon this post while looking for replacement parts (I refuse to throw away such a expensive TV). It seems like the moderators here (@SamsungLou) are being responsive and would like to get in touch with them and figure out what are my options. 

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

@userhUIpBPH8wm Thank you for reaching out! 🙂 Could you send me your full model code, serial number and some photos of your TV where you are having the light bleeding and overheating via private message?

http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usery3FxxfjJ9K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

As you probably found out Samsung does not stand behind their products.  Occasionally they throw a bone to one of us customers but for the most part they do nothing.  These TV's are unrepairable due to heat damage.  AVOID Samsung.   JUNK!!