Original topic:

S90C picture grain/noise

(Topic created: 12-15-2023 06:28 PM)
Hutch1
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have quite a different story than probably most people. I’ll start off with me purchasing the 77inch S90C back in September. I was super happy and excited. Tv was delivered, installed, and I went through normal setup. After having it for a few days I noticed the picture was not fully filling the screen and after talking with Samsung support reps and having their support team coming out to my house, they ultimately replaced my motherboard and panel. 

Jump forward about a month. With the panel being replaced and motherboard being replaced, I had to attempt to get my picture settings back the way they originally were, so I have tinkered with the settings quite a bit. 
Now I am noticing a very grainy picture with a lot of noise and cannot for life of me, figure out how to fix it. The only options I have are noise reduction off or auto and neither do the trick.
So I’m seeking advice if anyone knows how to help resolve this grainy, noise filled picture. It’s to the point where I can’t even watch this tv anymore and prefer my 55” 2016 QLED model that has never done me wrong.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hey, the TV is the most important thing in my house due to my children. Let’s get this situated for you as soon as we can.

I recommend giving this link a shot: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/#lines-dots-or-spots-of-any-color-app...

Please read the link in its entirety to reap the full benefit of the troubleshooting.

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

6 Replies
uservr4S3C6nAy
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have the 55" version of the S90C and I am experiencing the same issue you are experiencing.  I have reset the TV, and I have run all of the tests within the TV.  The picture looks like some portions of the display are blurry and others are clear all at the same time.  I have tried this with a cable TV box, apps built into the TV, through an XBox Series X and also with a Fire TV Cube 3rd Gen.  This is extremely noticeable when watching fast action programs like NFL football and NHL hockey.  4K movies look like they are shot in the old 720P or older format, these should be crystal clear and have no issues at all.  I have tried different settings in Picture Clarity as well as other settings in the Power Management area and nothing seems to correct this issue.  When I tried to contact support through the TV it gives me an error trying to connect to the support web site and states I need to check my connection, even though the apps stream just fine on the TV.

Hutch1
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Yeah, it is very distracting and makes me not to even want to watch anything on it. I’m hoping that there is a software update that can solve this at some point

Whywhyjoe
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have the same issue. You can forget about watching older shows on streaming. RTings mentioned that the TV did a poor job of “noise reduction” in low quality content but this is insane for this price of a television. I can’t afford to replace it but obviously I will find a way. 

0 Likes
Hutch1
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I agree!!! I am already looking how to sell and replace it. I’m thinking it’s worth paying the Sony tax at this point 

0 Likes
KTM22
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I had the same problem, I returned a 77' S90C due to 2 dead pixels. You couldn't see the pixels, unless you looked very close.
Now I'm sorry, because the OTB image was SUPERB, clear... I couldn't believe it, I still haven't had a TV that I liked OTB, I didn't have to make any settings.
The TV that replaced it, the same model, is far behind in image quality.
I watched the same movie scenes and everywhere the image was noisy and the colors were completely different, I was very disappointed.
I wanted to buy back the previous TV with the 2 dead pixels, but I couldn't find it at my store.
I also returned this one and now I'm without a TV and thinking that maybe when I'm lucky enough to find a TV that I like OTB.
It's a lottery and it's very frustrating.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hey, the TV is the most important thing in my house due to my children. Let’s get this situated for you as soon as we can.

I recommend giving this link a shot: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/#lines-dots-or-spots-of-any-color-app...

Please read the link in its entirety to reap the full benefit of the troubleshooting.

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location