JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung tv going dark on the left side

(Topic created: 03-11-2022 10:21 AM)
userpCBXzYdFAx
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

We have owned this TV for 2 years and the left side of the television has gone dark. We had only a 1 year warranty and I always buy Samsung products. I am frustrated that the tv is acting defective. We only watch tv less than 3 hours a day. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

3 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
If you call and be nice, maybe they will do a courtesy 1 time warranty service?
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
They may help you but if it's out of warranty the cost to repair will most likely be on you and better spent towards a new TV.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/