Original topic:

Spectrum app issues

(Topic created: 02-29-2024 04:57 PM)
shorty0067
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I just bought a 75 Samsung smart tv installed spectrum app works great for a bout 2 minutes then it locks onto the station I can not bring up guide, change station, do anything. I have uninstalled reinstalled, all off the above.

the only way I can get spectrum is to use my roku device which absolutely defeats the purpose of buying this tv. all other apps work fine HELP! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your spectrum app not working in the way you want. As updates are determined by spectrum I would recommend reaching out to them directly for more help on their app.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I would prefer a dumb TV over a smart TV any day of the week.

I never use a smart TVs apps, slow to update, freeze, glitches. You are better off using a streaming device. They are faster, app updates happen more frequently!
0 Likes
DeadAccount
Galaxy
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
My series 6 can't do much without lagging. The thing struggles to run Disney+ without starting to stutter after one 45 min episode. I'll connect my phone via wired dex (cuz wireless never works and niether does DumbView) and that works a lot better. Shame it only does 1080p tho. I could also do my laptop, but that only gives 720p.
0 Likes
usero3jLRgZbtl
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have been using the Spectrum app on my Samsung 7 series tv for several years now.  Spectrum has made updates or so they say.   This shows my TV is getting older.  The updates to improve though I contradict their intentions when they reverted back to an old version when I didn't use the app while I was away. I lambasted their update and criticized who made the decision to implement and hire incompetent release team members.  Having aired my grievance for a past release mishap, I suspect another release mishap because the first 2 hours while the app is running, it keeps telling me an update is required.  I call out BS because it keeps happening.  I actually prefer to run the app on my TV versus using a device because....NO INTERRUPTED INSERTED SPECTRUM ADS.  Another BS to call out.  I just want to watch the network stream uninterrupted.  I have no interest in Spectrum business or anything Spectrum related  yet I am the one paying the **bleep** bill.... 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your spectrum app not working in the way you want. As updates are determined by spectrum I would recommend reaching out to them directly for more help on their app.