Original topic:

Can't use Q-Symphony after latest update on my Frame TV

(Topic created: 06-04-2024 12:28 AM)
Ashernor
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hey!

I have a frame 2024 and 2 music Frames I used as speakers using Q-Symphony for a month now ; they are connected on their own WiFi Network that I created just for the 3 devices.Though, not perfect, this solution is elegant and works well, I quite like the sound I get in my Living room.

Yesterday received a notification from the TV saying there was a new update that improves Q-Symphony, so I did. And I really regret it.

The TV stills sees my 2 music and enable me to connect to them via or the other as the default output via WiFi, Q-Symphony is grayed out, and I can't chose it anymore as the output from the TV or even configure it.

Anyone had this issue ?

4 Replies
Members_J8gGoOx
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

yes, me too. I hit update before I saw what it was for. Now the TV speakers do not work with Q symphony. How can i reverse the update? 

0 Likes
Ashernor
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Unfortunately you can't but I may have found a temporary issue.

It seems than when you deactivate Anynet+ (CEC) is activated (in Connection ->External Device Manager -> Anynet+ ) it works.

When my Frame is on my Apple TV when Anynet is activated the setting is grayed out, when it's deactivated I can configure it.

The worth I think is it still works even when it's grayed out even if it says TV Speakers, but if you change the audio source you are **bleep** you need to go back to deactivate Anynet (CEC).

I will probably keep it off for now, even if that means using 2 remotes just to turn On/Turn off my TV and get to my content.

Not a great experience overall. 

0 Likes
Tony15
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Try a factory reset. A pain but sometimes fixes things.

0 Likes
BNewf69
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Do the developers at Samsung not try using a Q-Symphony, like come on this update is total garbage...  Q-Symphony is unusable, my Q700 Soundbar volume doesn't respond, locks at 38, resets to 12 volume. Using the S95C which has the worst speakers ever now this update has just about made my listening experience impossible.

Quality Control? Look it up!!!

Unplugged everything, plugged back in and selected just soundbar as audio output. After couple of minutes the volume started to respond as it should. Q Symphony still craps the bed. Samsung do better

0 Likes