JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot find source for outside antenna

(Topic created: 08-27-2023 02:56 PM)
Members_cqsNA9e
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have a picture frame TV with a One connect Box. I have my outside antenna connected to the antenna port on the back of the one connect box. When I go to Home and select source I do not see where I can connect to my outside antenna. I have a select that says TV but it only show Samsung TV+ selection. Where can I access my outside antenna?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gossipfunda
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

To access your outside antenna on your picture frame TV with a One Connect Box, follow these steps:

1. Make sure your outside antenna is properly connected to the antenna port on the back of the One Connect Box.

2. On your TV remote, press the "Home" button.

3. Navigate to the "Settings" or "Source" menu. It might also be labeled as "Input" or "Input Source."

4. In the source menu, look for an option labeled "Antenna," "TV," or "Air/Cable." This is where you can access your outside antenna.

5. Select the "Antenna," "TV," or "Air/Cable" option, and your TV should start scanning for available channels from your outside antenna.

If you're not seeing the "Antenna" option or if the scanning process isn't working as expected, it might be a good idea to consult your TV's user manual or contact Samsung support for assistance. Keep in mind that menu options and layouts can vary between different TV models.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Solution
Gossipfunda
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

To access your outside antenna on your picture frame TV with a One Connect Box, follow these steps:

1. Make sure your outside antenna is properly connected to the antenna port on the back of the One Connect Box.

2. On your TV remote, press the "Home" button.

3. Navigate to the "Settings" or "Source" menu. It might also be labeled as "Input" or "Input Source."

4. In the source menu, look for an option labeled "Antenna," "TV," or "Air/Cable." This is where you can access your outside antenna.

5. Select the "Antenna," "TV," or "Air/Cable" option, and your TV should start scanning for available channels from your outside antenna.

If you're not seeing the "Antenna" option or if the scanning process isn't working as expected, it might be a good idea to consult your TV's user manual or contact Samsung support for assistance. Keep in mind that menu options and layouts can vary between different TV models.

0 Likes
CoronaCA
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I have 75" samsung smart tv and trying to connect external antenna. I have connected coax cable from antenna to "Ant In" back of TV. But in the "Input Source" menu, there are no option to select "Antenna," "TV," or "Air/Cable." It only have Samsung TV+ and other HDMI inputs and AV only. How can I select external antenna?
Members_1iYfkIc
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have to exact same problem. Can someone answer this please?

JohnnniG
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have the same problem too, only Samsung Plus is available...  anybody have a solution??? 

JohnnniG
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same problem,  no solution anywhere... 

millekeg
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have 75+ tv and it took us a minute to find the menus to install this.  

Once you have the antenna installed and source set to TV click Menu/Home and go to left and get to Setup.   Hit OK button on Setup (not up as we kept doing)  it will pop up a different Setup screens then you can go to Broadcast Information.  Under this screen choose Air and do the channel scan.  

Hope this helps others we had a heck of a time figuring this out! 

useril7MBdHW3N
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

This took a while to find. I didn't want to do a reset. Here is the procedure to get the grayed-out BROADCAST/AUTO PROGRAM button to work so you can scan for channels.

TL/DR Select TV as the source, long press the up/down button to open the NOW ON menu, go left and up to CABLE, and Select AIR. You should be able to go back to broadcast now and scan.

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS

1. Select the home button on the remote.

2. Select SOURCE (scroll left to find SOURCE. It's probably between Smart Things and Settings.

3. Go up to the sources and select TV.

4. Long press the up/down button on the remote. This opens the NOW ON menu.

5. Scroll left and you should land on ALL CHANNELS.

6. Scroll up to CABLE and select AIR.

7. Press HOME

8. Select SETTINGS

9. Select BROADCASTING

10. Select AUTO PROGRAM

11. Select START and wait for it to scan for channels.

20231121_155207.jpg

Lou1980
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

This is a lifesaving solution and is the exact solution that worked for me.  Great job and thank you!  I spent most of my thanksgiving restarting my tv all day after my piece of  samsung tv freezed up as it does constantly with streaming.  Worse I tried to navigate through the utter mess that is samsung tv which is also streaming on a tv that can barely stream and that was crazily frusterating.

0 Likes