JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV went black then started a smoking.

(Topic created: 11-24-2023 09:04 PM)
Tobukie
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Has anyone heard of any recalls concerning 65” Samsung TVs? Tonight I turned on my Samsung sitting in my Mancave talking to a friend online when my screen went black. I thought I had accidentally turned the tv off by sitting on the remote. After trying several times to get it turned back on I smelled something burning. I looked up and smoke was coming from the back of the tv. I immediately unplugged the tv and quickly removed it from the wall it was mounted on. I believe it's a QLED model but may be wrong. I'm just glad we home home we could have lost our home. In case anyone is wondering the tv was on a surge protector. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello, there! We're so sorry to hear about this situation with your television, and definitely understand the concerns. We have reached out to you via a private message to request some additional information and want to thank the Community for engagement. Please follow up with us via the PM aspect going forward, as our community members will not be able to assist with this matter. We look forward to speaking with you.

View solution in context

3 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Google the model for any recalls, its simple, but in the mean time, I would suggest having your wiring checked out
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
@Tobukie Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community! Thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. I'm sorry to hear about that!

That's definitely not something that you would want to experience with your TV! I would recommend keeping the TV unplugged and discontinuing the use of the TV. I would recommend also calling in directly to get someone to come out there and look at the TV as soon as possible.

Please contact Samsung Customer Care: 1-800-SAMSUNG

You can find support at Samsung's Website here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Or if you prefer you can also send a private message with your full model and serial number and the information below to a Samsung Moderator. @Samsung_Moderator

Please be sure to have this information available:

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. Samsung Customer Support is here to assist you. Thank you!
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello, there! We're so sorry to hear about this situation with your television, and definitely understand the concerns. We have reached out to you via a private message to request some additional information and want to thank the Community for engagement. Please follow up with us via the PM aspect going forward, as our community members will not be able to assist with this matter. We look forward to speaking with you.