Original topic:

Caption Position

(Topic created: 09-08-2024 10:37 AM)
smathew
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi,

I recently purchased the Samsung QLED Q60D 32".

I tried to set the Caption Position, but I couldn't find any item in all the Caption Settings for adjusting & fixing the position. The captions appear usually on the top in front of the faces in a large, All-Caps font, & rarely it suddenly switches to the bottom in the Font & Size I chose in the settings, which is where I would like it to be permanently.

According to the Manual, there should be a Menu Item for adjusting & fixing the position, but I could not find one. I went to HOME > SETTINGS > ALL SETTINGS > ACCESSIBILITY > CAPTIONS.

3 Replies
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
You're correct and should be able to access captions from your remote. Home button > settings > general > accessibility > captions, and
then look for the option labeled position or (similar), and then choose the desired position for your captions. It should include options like top, bottom, left, right, etc..
If you have more advanced customization options, like Digital Caption Options, you can further adjust the appearance of your captions, including font size, color, background, etc..If you're using a streaming device, they usually have their own captions menu settings. Check for software updates, too.
0 Likes
smathew
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thank you angelchained.

I did a software update (# 1120) & checked again. In the Digital Captions section there is an item "Caption Position" but it is grayed out, & when I try to select it, I get a "This function is disabled" message. For some reason the captions suddenly started to appear on the bottom, which is what I want, but I don't know how long that will last. I guess I have to accept this random behaviour for now. There doesn't seem to be anything else I can do, except call Samsung Tech Support

Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
You're welcome!!! I will let you know if I find any information about software update #1120, digital caption grayed out, and "This function is disabled" message. You should have access to digital caption features on a brand new TV, but you should contact Samsung Tech for support, also.
0 Likes