JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Frame tv has no infrared light showing on tv

(Topic created: 07-19-2023 02:14 AM)
Ruthx
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Tv started acting a bit weird, freezing, booting me out of subscription programming, I thought it was my wifi. Have tried rebooting/removing cabling. When I repower,  the logo ‘The Frame’ comes up, then goes straight to my artwork but there is no IR light on the frame and my remote doesn’t do anything at all. Seems like screen is working so tempting to think it is the one connect box at fault except for the fact that the screen’s IR isn’t on. Is there a physical reset button anywhere I can try?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Oh no! At this point if the television is up to date, the next step would be to have a technician out to service the television.  If you would like to move forward with this process, feel free to send one of the mods private message and we will be happy to get that set up for you! 

View solution in context

4 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That definitely does seem like a strange issue. Just want to have some confirmation on something is the remote working at all? Does it power the TV on and off? Just wanted to make sure on that bc if it's not doing anything at all it could just be a malfunctioning remote or dead batteries instead of an issue with the one connect. 

0 Likes
Ruthx
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi there, sorry for delayed response because it is so mysterious and I’ve been trying different things. So, wanted to be sure that remote wasn’t just not working with rechargeable batteries so. CHanged those and have in fact ordered a new remote, coming today. I found I could then see the IR respond on the tv. Read about potential for the one wire to become pinched and i had a small section running through trunking, so I removed it from there and waggled it about a bit, a couple of times the tv came on, not every time, went straight to either the art or netflix and responded to remote within the app but couldn’t come out of it or change source. So waiting for replacement remote and then probably erring on thinking it is the wire. Trouble is they are so expensive, don’t want to buy and then find out it is the one connect box at fault. Just wish i could figure definitive diagnosis. 

0 Likes
Ruthx
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Can. Confirm new remote does not provide any different results.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Oh no! At this point if the television is up to date, the next step would be to have a technician out to service the television.  If you would like to move forward with this process, feel free to send one of the mods private message and we will be happy to get that set up for you!