Original topic:

G80SD - Remove audio overlay

(Topic created: 08-10-2024 07:45 PM)
otzn
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

My Samsung G80SD is connected to an external soundbar via HDMI eARC. When I increase or decrease volume, a large audio overlay pops up on screen with my audio source's name displayed.

I want to remove this overlay, as it's distracting and not helpful. Is there an option to do so via the monitor's settings? (I haven't found such an option and the user manual does not cover this topic).

If no such option is currently available, is there a process to submit this ability as a feature request?

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! @otzn  Thank you so much for posting about this. I completely understand your concern, I'll be more than delighted to assist. You can check the monitor settings to see if there is an option to disable on-screen displays for audio adjustments. this setting should be under" Display settings". Also, you can check the soundbar settings to see if there is a way to disable the on-screen notifications or overlays.

You also want to ensure the firmware is updated for the monitor and soundbar. Please let me know if this helps

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
otzn
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi team!

I have confirmed that both my monitor and soundbar are updated to the latest firmware (my Vizio M512a-H6 is updated to version 2.1.0.4, and my Samsung G80SD is updated to version 1003).

> "You can check the monitor settings to see if there is an option to disable on-screen displays for audio adjustments. this setting should be under 'Display settings'".

I have checked and cannot find such an option. Can you confirm that no such option exists on the G80SD? If instead you confirm that such an option does exist, can you describe where that option can be found?

If no such option exists, is there a method to submit a feature request to have such an option included in a future firmware update of the G80SD?

0 Likes