Original topic:

How to Delete a Connected Device Icon

(Topic created: yesterday)
RChipmunk
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I recently replaced my Fire TV Stick 4K, with the newer Fire TV Stick 4K Max version, on my Samsung QN90C TV. On the plus side, Amazon has made the installation process almost automatic. However, on the minus side, it left behind a digital dropping that I canā€™t seem to get rid of.

When it was almost finished installing, a connected device named AFTKRT (apparently the model number of my FS) appeared. When I clicked on the AFTKRT deviceā€™s icon, a screen opened up, consisting only of "AFTKRT" repeated on two lines; at the bottom left the text "No Content Found" appeared, and at the bottom right an "Options ^" button appeared.

Nothing on this screen was clickable (including the button's Option up arrow), so I exited this screen and discovered that a fully-functional connected device icon for the Fire Stick had appeared in the bottom menu.

The problem is that nothing Iā€™ve tried allows me to delete the AFTKRT icon in the connected device bottom menu. Can anyone suggest a workable method to delete/hide this icon?

1 Reply
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Have you tried deregistering it from your Amazon account in the devices section of your account?
0 Likes