Original topic:

My 2020 QN5580T TV won't update from USB Drive and Network card appears dead

(Topic created: Wednesday)
userXAkZZUjwo5
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi.

After four years of working fine, my 2020 QLED QN5580T TV stopped seeing my network a couple of months ago.  I spent an hour troubleshooting with Samsung tech support and they believe that the network card is dead.  I've also tried some YouTube video fixes but nothing works.  I can't understand how the network card would just die after 4 years.  They recommended having an authorized come out to look at the TV, but the visit and a new network card they said would be almost as much as buying a new TV.

It then occurred to me that since it can't see my network to get onto the Internet to do a firmware auto update, perhaps it needs a firmware update and I could do that with a USB thumb drive.  The TV has  firmware version 2501 on it now, but as of this writing, the current version out there is 2505.4!  I tried doing the USB update(with and without the help of Samsung tech support, but nothing worked.  Tech support gave me a link to get a local Samsung authorized technician to come out, but the visit alone might be a couple of hundred dollars.

Has anyone had these problems with their TV and were you able to figure out a fix for either problem without the expense of a technician visit?  Please let me know ASAP.  Thank you.

0 Replies