JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q80C 55" QN55Q80CAFXZA Overheating the room.

(Topic created: 07-06-2023 09:36 AM)
WillEks
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Just bought a Q80C QN55Q80CAFXZA from Best Buy yesterday and while watching it for 5 hours, my bedroom became a sauna. I keep my 420 sq ft bedroom at 76 degrees but after 3+ hours, the room became 81 degrees. I took my infrared thermometer and began to scan the TV. Front panel was at 98, rear top was at 109, section where the ports are was at 138 very hot to touch. TV is on its stand and 10" away from my wall. 

My picture settings were on Vivid. Now, before all you 'experts' start ramming my picture settings, let me remind you that i bought this TV for it's settings and picture quality! I will not run this TV on power save mode because the picture quality is garbage and defeats the TVs $1000 price tag at Best Buy.

With that said, why does this TV get so hot, hotter that a TCL 55R655? Should I add a heatsink to that board section? Should I drill more, larger holes to vent that heat faster? Or should I just return it back to Best Buy?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out!  I can see how this can be a cause for concern with this occurring. Different TVs will put off different amounts of heat. You can try venting your room more or leaving the door open to let the room breathe. Also depending on where you live it can make the room hotter depending on the time of day, especially during the summer months.  I would recommend having a fan or if possible the ac turned on just a little more. As you are not wanting to put it on power saving, and even putting a heat sink will still cause the ambient air to get hot. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out!  I can see how this can be a cause for concern with this occurring. Different TVs will put off different amounts of heat. You can try venting your room more or leaving the door open to let the room breathe. Also depending on where you live it can make the room hotter depending on the time of day, especially during the summer months.  I would recommend having a fan or if possible the ac turned on just a little more. As you are not wanting to put it on power saving, and even putting a heat sink will still cause the ambient air to get hot.