JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QE50Q60AAUXXU turning off and on after screen darkens out

(Topic created: a month ago)
g3oRgE
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello, the  above 50'' Samsung model was bought in Nov 2021 (the 13th).

Since the past two days, after the device initially works for a few (5-7) mins, the screen splits, start being covered in a black expanding cloud and then switches off and then turns on again, and the cycle reruns with much shorter operating time (1-2 mins). A picture before it turns off looks like below:

IMG_2751.jpg 

If i let it cool down for  15+ mins then it start again with 5-7 mins of operational time, after when the same thing happens. 

I have tried unplugging and plugging back, and several other troubleshooting advices online with no luck. 

I am wondering if any other cases are out there and whether there is something else I can look for or it has just died off prematurely (from the online causes suggested, motherboard failure sounds the best fitting reason). 

I am also wondering how is it possible for such a failure to have occurred (if this is the case) in such a short time. Unfortunately the product is now out of warranty (2 years), but still less than 3 years of lifetime is likely a new low for a Samsung quality of product. If any Samsung expert can explain would be great. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html