Original topic:

QLED Televisions: Update 1410 Still Causing Soundbar Issues

(Topic created: 05-06-2024 04:58 PM)
Brian7
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Is there an update when the eARC soundbar issue will be fixed? Since the failed, and then removed 1402.5 firmware update broke it there are still customers with ongoing issues.

While the new 1410 update fixed many issues caused by the 1402.5 update, owners are still reporting problems with Samsung soundbars on the 1410 firmware when using eARC.

Please reference this thread regarding the 1402 sound issues and reports that 1410 is still having the eARC issue with Samsung soundbars: QLED Televisions: Update 1402.5 Causing Soundbar/Home Theater Connection issues 

The following have commented in the above thread as still having issues even with the 1410 update: @userf9EwX44ulM @MattyDaddy76 @Tony15 

Fortunately, I never updated to 1402 or 1410 but I would like to know when this issue is going to be resolved.  And not with a "work around".  There is no reason anyone paying top dollar for the 2023 "Flagship" S95C and a Samsung soundbar should be having to use a workaround.  

I do not understand how this issue which started on March 15th with the 1402 update still has not been 100% fixed almost two months later.

This entire situation will give me pause before making any significant purchases from Samsung in the future.  Please give us an update.

Thank you

AnothetThing
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I would also like to report that the issue with resetting the sound mode to GAME when Samsung TVs are in GAME MODE, is still present after this update. For example if i set the sound mode to Adaptive, but then i launch any game which leads to resolution reset or change (when TV briefly goes black) completely resets the sound mode to GAME again... Very annoying and still not fixed

VonSprockett
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi - I recently shelled out over Ā£3500 sterling for a 77" Samsung S95c and Samsung Q700c soundbar. Purchased the sound bar because with the TV mounted on the wall with a low profile samasung bracket (with the back of the TV only 20mm from the wall) the sound was absolutely terrible. I'd read the reviews and seen that the sound quality had been classed as poor but thought to get the picture quality and the advantages the 1 connect box bring, I'd just get a soundbar to compensate. I now wish I'd bought a Sony instead as it was aclose run thing between the two. Not impressed with the processor on the TV or how it integragtes with third party devices like the Amazon fire cube. Very glitchy in my opinion but the fact that the Flagship TV does not work correctly with the same brand soundbars is a total disgrace. Samsung - do you not thoroughly bench test these devices before release or if you do then you obviosly dont test the firmware updates with all your own soundbars properly before release. I could forgive you if you kept those of us that have registered our products informed of any bugs and expected resolution times but nothing. I have owned Samsung TV's for the last 30 years but this will be the last. If this issue is not resolved within a matter of weeks I will be returning the lot under warranty. Can someone from Samsung who monitors these forums at least have the decency to give us an update on the present situation. We dont want work arounds or "we are still working on the problem" We want to know when you expect to solve it by. This is a massive issue and for the money paid is totally out of order. I look forward to you reply Samsung.

UPDATE 15/05/24

Just had update available pop up on the TV. It says the update is to: "[TR] Improved audio interruption issue when using connected Soundbar". Installing it now. Ver 1410.1 - Will report back after setting both e-arc and Digital Output Audio Format to Auto.

BNewf69
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Reviews should state sound quality as "Soundbar Required".  Just don't buy a Samsung soundbar!  Premium TV, Premium "Q" sound bar that fall out of sync.  Like I'm watching an 80s dubbed foreign film.    

Also thinking of switching brands.  

0 Likes
Dstendo
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have the S95C connected via HDMI with a PC (3080). I have a receiver and speaker set that only supports SPDIF digital audio cable. So my only way to get surround is to use dolby home theater audio format with the official dolby audio app in windows, and then connect the receiver with the One Connect Box via SPDIF. True and good sounding surround, and the receiver has a blue light that activates if it's decoding dolby digital audio. I have audio dropouts every 2-15 mins, and it's really annoying. If i switch to PCM audio in windows i only get stereo audio but 0 dropouts. I am afraid to update from 1402.5 to the new official 1410 software update, as it might disable dolby digital audio when i set the digital output format to auto in the TV. There is also alot of people saying the issue is still not fixed with the update. Should i update? Also I had to get a PCB replacement for the OCB because of HDMI picture dropouts on PS5 and PC, because samsung used cheap PCB material, and i might still be having HDMI blackouts, but they only happen every ~3 hours. Should have went with LG.

imno007
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Well, I wasn't experiencing any sound drops or any other problems until I upgraded the firmware to 1410 two days ago. After this latest update, I couldn't get my Samsung Q990C soundbar to works via eARC. It wasn't even an option in the sound menu. The only options were to connect to the soundbar using wireless. Somehow, after unplugging and plugging the HDMI cord a few times, it came back and I thought all was good. That was yesterday. Today, I turned the TV back on and found the soundbar back on wireless, no option to connect with eARC, and no amount of unplugging and plugging back in or anything else fixed it again. Then I decided to try uninstalling the Smarthings app on my phone (which WAS on the TV/arc setting) and then the soundbar automatically reverted back to eARC. Fingers crossed that this fix lasts a little longer. I don't know what's going on, but I'll be steering clear of any more updates for a while. šŸ˜‰

bildar
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

s90c here with Denon receiver. Experienced drops, sound hitches and pops with 1402, updated manually to 1410 and blessedly problems seemed to be fixed...for awhile. After maybe a week and a half, last night while watching an hour-long show from Paramount+ I had three 1-to-2-second audio drops. It's less frequent, but still makes for an anxiety-ridden viewing experience.

0 Likes
bildar
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Seems to be app-dependent, as only Paramount Plus has the drop out issues now, which leads me to believe (hopefully) the issue is largely fixed on Samsung's side.

0 Likes
CSEngineer
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I've had the issues with Paramount+, Disney+, and Amazon Prime, but to confirm I've ALSO had them using my Google TV dongle (Chromecast with Google TV 4k) on the same apps. On the same shows in the same general places in said shows, very weird.

0 Likes
userf9EwX44ulM
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

1410 update became available to me yesterday in Northern Australia (20 May 2024).

Happy to report everything (so far) is running smoothly on TV, Streaming and Bluray's with no sound dropouts at all.

Have disconnected wireless network to avoid any future surprises. 

imno007
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I still can't get the TV to stay on eArc, which means my Samsung soundbar doesn't work a good amount of the time. The option to switch to eArc is gone half the time when I switch on the TV, and though the wireless option still usually shows, it often won't stay on it - reverting back to TV most of the time. I've really no idea how exactly I'm getting the TV back to using eArc when I do, because it's all the same things I try that often don't work: unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable repeatedly, checking that the Input Signal Plus is ticked (sometimes it's turned off even when I haven't unplugged anything!), turning the soundbar off and on, turning the TV off and on, unplugging and replugging the TV's power, etc. It's become an almost daily ritual now, and I'm tired of it. Meanwhile, my LG TV NEVER has these kinds of issues, so I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'll be replacing this Samsung with, even if it costs me a little more.

0 Likes