Original topic:

QLED Televisions: Update 1410 Still Causing Soundbar Issues

(Topic created: 05-06-2024 04:58 PM)
Brian7
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Is there an update when the eARC soundbar issue will be fixed? Since the failed, and then removed 1402.5 firmware update broke it there are still customers with ongoing issues.

While the new 1410 update fixed many issues caused by the 1402.5 update, owners are still reporting problems with Samsung soundbars on the 1410 firmware when using eARC.

Please reference this thread regarding the 1402 sound issues and reports that 1410 is still having the eARC issue with Samsung soundbars: QLED Televisions: Update 1402.5 Causing Soundbar/Home Theater Connection issues 

The following have commented in the above thread as still having issues even with the 1410 update: @userf9EwX44ulM @MattyDaddy76 @Tony15 

Fortunately, I never updated to 1402 or 1410 but I would like to know when this issue is going to be resolved.  And not with a "work around".  There is no reason anyone paying top dollar for the 2023 "Flagship" S95C and a Samsung soundbar should be having to use a workaround.  

I do not understand how this issue which started on March 15th with the 1402 update still has not been 100% fixed almost two months later.

This entire situation will give me pause before making any significant purchases from Samsung in the future.  Please give us an update.

Thank you

27 Replies
imno007
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Updated to 1421 today with hope that it might fix the problems I reported above. It made them much worse! Now, not only do I only have the option to connect to my soundbar wirelessly (no eARC), but the wireless does not work any more. Sound drops out constantly - and by constantly, I mean constantly. Plays fine for maybe 10 seconds, drops out for several seconds, comes back for about the same amount of time, drops out again... you get the picture. So, in effect, I have a $1,500 soundbar that now does not work at all with the TV. And it's definitely the TV, not the soundbar, because the sound bar works fine when I hook it up to my LG TV. Fortunately, I have an extended warranty with Best Buy, so think I might have to return the Samsung TV. My first and possibly last one.

CSEngineer
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Yikes! I just got notification that it was available (I've turned off auto updates after this fiasco). I'll have to watch other users reports. I know Samsung software development is typically terrible, but it seems clear to me now they have ZERO software QA on top of that. What a disgrace. I'm now checking if I'm in my return window on the TV.

Firebird
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Glad I did not update as I was prompted for 1421.  I have the Q80C with Sony HTA5000.  I also have Ethernet for Internet connection.  

If I understand correctly this update breaks the use of a sound system via HDMI eARC?  What if itā€™s connected to HDMI just as external speakers? Plus the wifi connection is broken?.  Did you try via Bluetooth? 

I also have audio drops and TV lag since 1410.1

0 Likes
MattyDaddy76
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Wow. Iā€™m on 1410 update and my bar still disconnects from wifi even tho I added the MAC address to the router, but the problems were much less frequent. The ā€œauto eArcā€ function still diverts to stereo pcm only regardless of codec. But I saw there was another tv software update available. I disabled auto updates on the tv since the 1402 disaster.  Now it says there are no software updates available on the tv. Lol. 

did anyone update their tv device to a newer software?  I still cannot update the Q990C firmware OTA even after unplugging everything etc. 

0 Likes
MattyDaddy76
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

65qn90c, Q990C 

still have software version 1410 on the tv. Q990C will not add to smart things or connect to wifi. Have been able to get around this by using the ā€œadd device automaticallyā€ option on tv NOT with smart things. Now sound bar canā€™t even find wifi network. Still has original firmware on q990c soundbar : 1002.0 

any new updates here? 

0 Likes
imno007
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Finally got mine "mostly" working. After trying a couple unsuccessful resets, I noticed there was an option in settings to remove the soundbar, and after doing that and trying another reset and pairing again, eARC started working again. (I can't even find the option to remove a device now, when I go looking for it, so I'm not sure where I saw it.) But all is still not problem free, of course. After restarting the TV, it resets from Q-Symphony+Soundbar to HDMI-eARC (no mention of the Q990C or Q-Symphony) and I have to go into Q-Symphony Setup again to get it all working correctly. When I do this, it shows a message that it's  trying to pair only wirelessly and will not detect anything for a long time, reverting to TV Speaker in the process, so what I do at that point (while Q-S is still trying to auto setup) is click back to the sound settings and change to the Q990C Soundbar eARC (which now magically appears) and then somehow in the midst of all that I see the option to use Q-Symphony along with it. If it sounds a bit confusing, it's because it is, but it's working for now, after that little daily hurdle, and hopefully will continue to do so.

0 Likes
imno007
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Well, just thought I'd update to say that since I made my last post above, the soundbar has been working flawlessly. I've no idea why, since the firmware is the same, and I haven't done anything differently, no changes to settings or cables or anything, but it's managed to stay connected to eARC, no reversions back to wifi or dropping Symphony or any of the jazz that were problems before. Again, it's a mystery as to what exactly changed to get this stability, but I've got my fingers crossed that it will last. šŸ¤ž

0 Likes
robindirect
Constellation
Options

Read all the converstions, now going to apply with my device and tell how it is going to work.

0 Likes