JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN90B Netflix/AppleTV Atmos Failure

(Topic created: 11-03-2023 10:50 AM)
userpNKI0AMTr8
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

This Samsung product replaced a Sony TV for which Netflx/AppleTV Atmos worked perfectly. Thus, the problem is unrelated to my Onkyo AV receiver.

Atmos content causes my receiver to blink "Atmos" (in contrast to a steady display). I have no sound. Is there some setting to resolve this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
On the tv make sure your are use the hdmi earc port with a hdmi 2.1 cable. You must turn on hdmi input plus then set sound out the hdmi earc. Turn on Dolby atmos and put HDMI earc to auto in the tv settings. Now make sure your selected the correct hdmi earc port on you receiver for the output sound. At this point you must play a movie that is in Dolby Atmos for you to see atmos output. If you're receiver will still not output anything I recommend doing a manufacturer reset of the receiver as maybe a setting is set from your old tv and needs to be cleared out. Other thing to keep in mind especially when you're streaming. if your bandwidth is slowing down or there's lots of interference the TV will downgrade the sound format first. however you still should get sound just not atmos. rebooting your modem and router changing the channel of your router and making sure everything is connected to your 5 GHz Channel certainly would not hurt.20231103_145446_1000005764_1699048488.jpg

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
On the tv make sure your are use the hdmi earc port with a hdmi 2.1 cable. You must turn on hdmi input plus then set sound out the hdmi earc. Turn on Dolby atmos and put HDMI earc to auto in the tv settings. Now make sure your selected the correct hdmi earc port on you receiver for the output sound. At this point you must play a movie that is in Dolby Atmos for you to see atmos output. If you're receiver will still not output anything I recommend doing a manufacturer reset of the receiver as maybe a setting is set from your old tv and needs to be cleared out. Other thing to keep in mind especially when you're streaming. if your bandwidth is slowing down or there's lots of interference the TV will downgrade the sound format first. however you still should get sound just not atmos. rebooting your modem and router changing the channel of your router and making sure everything is connected to your 5 GHz Channel certainly would not hurt.20231103_145446_1000005764_1699048488.jpg