JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

55 Q70A - Electrical knocking sound, no Dolby via HDMI

(Topic created: 12-17-2022 06:38 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame
Just bought this tv, brand new. First issue is that there is no surround sound, like Dolby, going through HDMI via ARC. My un49mu6290 Samsung is able to output surround sound via ARC without any issues. I see in settings that the only option available is PCM and Auto, but Pass-Through is greyed out and dedicated only for HDMI devices that transmist audio like Blu-ray players, etc. WHY IS THIS OPTION RESTRICTED? IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF ARC.
Sureound sound via optical works fine but when I switch to this, the receiver does not turn on or off with the tv. 

Second issue is the there is electrical noise and a knocking sound coming from behind the tv when the tv is off. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. I can only hear it if my ear is close to that area or if I'm walking by the tv, but why is this expensive tv doing this?? Both the electrical noise and knocking sound comes on and off together. What's even more weird is that if I tap on the back when there is no sound or noise, it comes on again and goes away after like a minute. What is happening?

Why is that newer products which cost more, do less and have issues? Samsung your quality control needs more training. I can return it I guess.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how your TV having these can be concerning. I would recommend as your TV is having these issue and you just purchased it, to get an exchange on the TV. As we would be able to speculate on the exact cause of the issue without having a technician look at the TV. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how your TV having these can be concerning. I would recommend as your TV is having these issue and you just purchased it, to get an exchange on the TV. As we would be able to speculate on the exact cause of the issue without having a technician look at the TV.