JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ART MODE SLEEP/MOTION DOES NOT WORK!!!!

(Topic created: 05-14-2023 09:43 AM)
1107tr
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Seriously Samsung, THIS DOES NOT WORK!!! 

Its documented everywhere on this forum and elsewhere on the web.

The issues and complaints are consistent so are all users wrong?

For my latest troubleshooting, I set to sleep after 30 minutes and completely covered the motion sensor to avoid any activity. After 35 minutes, the TV is still on.

One common comment is that it did work for many initially and then stopped - same experience here.

Tech support treated me as is I was from Mars and completely insane and stated that they have never heard or seen this issue.

75" Frame -QN75LS03BAFXZA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ccjourneys
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've just finally managed to update to the 1602 firmware update and its fixed the issue! Finally, Samsung. I had to do it via a USB and it took a few attempts, but it works now. Can confirm when turning my Apple TV Off now, it goes to the Artwork, like it did before the 1520 update. FFS. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
25 Replies
dprideout
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

owning the Frame 75 from 2022, I've have to reset the TV (now twice) - works until it doesn't.   

dprideout
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Really nice feature when it works.  Have had to reset the TV for the second time in last couple months.  Any idea why sleep function quits?

Slapppy
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame

The last firmware  up the entire feature. Even if you have zero things connected to the box, ART Mode will revert to the TV on its own and blast a channel. You then put it back to art mode manually only for it to revert to TV on its own again and again and again. You can either keep the thing turned off, or have it on art mode 24/7 without it switching to slide show or sleep. Once it sleeps it will eventually switch to TV Mode on its own! I wish I can roll it back to the working firmware.  I tried deleting the Samsung TV Plus and it still switches to that on its own.

chatept
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

With the latest software update (1503) to the frame tv the behavior has changed.

Before: when you are on an HDMI input such as Apple TV, when you turn off the Apple TV (with the Apple TV remote), everything turns off and enters Art Mode

Now: When you turn off the Apple TV it returns to Samsung TV Plus and you have to manually put it into Art Mode.

chatept
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
chatept
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

seems to be issue with CEC, the apple tv remote no longer powers off the TV, instead it defaults to antenna source.  Can we get this fixed Please!

Seth L
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Please, please?

Marksenter
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same here, anybody got any workaround solutions, at least to stop Samsung TV Plus to  autoplaying after Apple TV is off ?  

Is rolling back the software on the TV an option ? 

Slapppy
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same on mine after the last update. Art mode will just stop and try to switch to HDMI 1 where the ATV is. If the ATV is sleeping it won't wake it and you get the screen on Samsung to check power on HDMI 1 or connect help. If you leave ATV on and not sleep, Art Mode will randomly stop and switch to HDMI1 or whatever Samsung TV defaults to. ART Mode just keeps stopping on its own!