Original topic:

Minimum room temp for TV

(Topic created: 11-13-2023 08:50 AM)
Abita280
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello,  I just got my 43" Q60C TV to replace my 30+ year old dinosaur picture tube TV.  I like to keep my bedroom quite cool since I cannot sleep when the room is too hot which means leaving a window open to some degree even in winter.  I know that LED electronics don't like too much cold, so my question is - how cold can I let my room get while also preserving my new TV and not doing anything to damage it?  I typically only watch that TV in the evenings.  Wondering if closing my windows during the day to let the room warm up to some degree and then opening a window once I'm going to sleep and the TV would be turned off might work.  TIA.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
@Abita280 Welcome the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you for your excellent question!

When we purchase a new televison. We want to extend the life of the Television. So that it will provide us with many, many years of reliability and enjoyment. Your question is excellent!

I too myself have asked this question. Regardless of what model Samsung Televison you have. You want to care for it and have it function properly. With that said. This is what I found.

"The sweet spot on most TV sets is anywhere from 50 °F to 90 °F (10 °C to 32 °C)"

I wouldn't place the Television near any heat radiating sources. Heat is the enemy of any electronic devices. Extreme Temperature fluctuations are not good either. The key is maintaining a sweet spot. Don't operate your Television in humid or damp areas. Keep your Samsung Televison from the harsh rays of the sun. The sun can heat the Television. Causing the Chassis to heat up, degrading the materials of the screen. Over time this can cause plastics to shrink.

When this happens plastics, and glass get brittle. Then lead to premature failure. It is also further suggested that you light your Samsung Television to a brightness that you personally are comfortable with. Having the back light MAXED out. For hours and hours on end causes excesss heat. Again over time this will cause failure.

I hope that I have given you some excellent tips. On how to extend the life of your Samsung Television. If I have provided you with a sufficient answer. Please tap on my answer and select "Accepted Solution" Once again thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you!

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
userjbKSWTV9fc
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Think minimum operating temperature is 50 degrees
0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
@Abita280 Welcome the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you for your excellent question!

When we purchase a new televison. We want to extend the life of the Television. So that it will provide us with many, many years of reliability and enjoyment. Your question is excellent!

I too myself have asked this question. Regardless of what model Samsung Televison you have. You want to care for it and have it function properly. With that said. This is what I found.

"The sweet spot on most TV sets is anywhere from 50 °F to 90 °F (10 °C to 32 °C)"

I wouldn't place the Television near any heat radiating sources. Heat is the enemy of any electronic devices. Extreme Temperature fluctuations are not good either. The key is maintaining a sweet spot. Don't operate your Television in humid or damp areas. Keep your Samsung Televison from the harsh rays of the sun. The sun can heat the Television. Causing the Chassis to heat up, degrading the materials of the screen. Over time this can cause plastics to shrink.

When this happens plastics, and glass get brittle. Then lead to premature failure. It is also further suggested that you light your Samsung Television to a brightness that you personally are comfortable with. Having the back light MAXED out. For hours and hours on end causes excesss heat. Again over time this will cause failure.

I hope that I have given you some excellent tips. On how to extend the life of your Samsung Television. If I have provided you with a sufficient answer. Please tap on my answer and select "Accepted Solution" Once again thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you!
0 Likes