JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ART MODE SLEEP/MOTION DOES NOT WORK!!!!

(Topic created: 11-02-2023 02:02 AM)
1107tr
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Seriously Samsung, THIS DOES NOT WORK!!! 

Its documented everywhere on this forum and elsewhere on the web.

The issues and complaints are consistent so are all users wrong?

For my latest troubleshooting, I set to sleep after 30 minutes and completely covered the motion sensor to avoid any activity. After 35 minutes, the TV is still on.

One common comment is that it did work for many initially and then stopped - same experience here.

Tech support treated me as is I was from Mars and completely insane and stated that they have never heard or seen this issue.

75" Frame -QN75LS03BAFXZA

25 Replies
Slapppy
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

No longer works. Have done no changes in settings. I did notice that the Art Section has been updated. Another one of Samsung updates that I have no choice on. Now when in slideshow art mode, after the timer of 5, 15, 1 hour, the sensor to wake up and go to art mode doesn't work anymore. Turned off and on motion sensor, turned off Night mode. Soft booted TV and still doesn't wake up when motion occurs. You have press the power button on the remote to enable art mode manually. 

Now when it art mode it will try to switch to HDMI 1 on its own where the Apple TV is connected. Even when it’s sleeping. I have to hit the remote and put it back to art mode. Then when it sleeps and wakes up to art mode it will switch back to HDMI 1 with Apple TV connected. Started happening with the latest auto firmware update! This is just stupid.

MFallier2
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same here on a 2022 model! Is Samsung going to fix this?

markdinh
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same behavior here.  Nice work Samsung.  It was enough for me to try the Samsung / Tizen ecosystem again (I pretty much only use: Plex, Youtube TV, Youtube, Amazon Prime) and surprisingly, it's been fine.  I miss the ability to swipe / scrub from my apple tv remote, but otherwise it's not been...bad.  Very very sneaky!  

0 Likes
1107tr
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

An update… It now works about 90% of the time. No idea what happened but I can set art mode to 15 minute display and go dark after 30 minutes with high motion detection. I walk into the room, and art mode resumes.

The only challenge, which seems to be documented by others, is that it occasionally will switch to HDMI 1 and display my floating Dish screen. I would say this happens only about 10% of the time.

In summary, I’m actually pretty happy now… Of course, this note will jinx everything 🙂

0 Likes
Solution
ccjourneys
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I've just finally managed to update to the 1602 firmware update and its fixed the issue! Finally, Samsung. I had to do it via a USB and it took a few attempts, but it works now. Can confirm when turning my Apple TV Off now, it goes to the Artwork, like it did before the 1520 update. FFS. 

0 Likes
saucermen
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I've had the tv for three weeks now and everything was fine out of the box...just followed the steps...but yesterday the motion sensor just stopped working.  Nothing has changed in the room or the TV...same as it ever was.....it just doesn't turn on art mode anymore when someone enters the room.  Checked all the features and they are the same,  ambient night is off, the sensor is set to medium...tried all the otheres, spent an hour on the phone with samsung support to no avail...reboot, reset, redid everything...and still nothing.....this tv is on the expensive side of median, so you think they would buck up and fix the issue which they obviously have but won't admit it...