JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Frame TV turning on by itself

(Topic created: 09-09-2023 07:29 AM)
Mark231
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

My 65 inch Frame has started randomly turning itself on into TV mode. I think it's related to the latest (1520) firmware release. Anyone else seeing this? When can we get a firmware update or decent workaround?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey there y'all! I know this is super aggravating and I am happy to help you however I can. I would suggest trying a power cycle of the TV (unplugging it for a few minutes as well as making sure the TV is plugged into a wall outlet and not a surge protector), and then if the TV still turns itself on, see about doing a reset of the whole TV. I know doing that can be time-consuming and frustrating however sometimes, a reset is needed after an update. If the TV is still turning itself on after doing all of that, I suggest calling 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864) and asking for TV Remote Management. They will be able to access your TV (with your permission, of course) and try to figure out what's causing the issue. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Slapppy
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame

There is no fix. This has been ongoing since firmware update to version 15xxx. Samsung blames Apple TV even if you don’t have an Apple TV OR anything attached to HDMI 1   They literally tell you to call Apple. 

0 Likes
Mark231
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Is there another thread that discusses this. Thanks!

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey there y'all! I know this is super aggravating and I am happy to help you however I can. I would suggest trying a power cycle of the TV (unplugging it for a few minutes as well as making sure the TV is plugged into a wall outlet and not a surge protector), and then if the TV still turns itself on, see about doing a reset of the whole TV. I know doing that can be time-consuming and frustrating however sometimes, a reset is needed after an update. If the TV is still turning itself on after doing all of that, I suggest calling 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864) and asking for TV Remote Management. They will be able to access your TV (with your permission, of course) and try to figure out what's causing the issue.