JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Q90R does not get full 120hz refresh rate at 4k and 1440p gaming

(Topic created: 07-24-2020 07:39 AM)
useriphYVNPw02
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recently just built a gaming pc for 4k gaming and high refresh rate 1440p gaming, but after building the pc, I discovered the graphics setting on the NVIDIA 2080 Super graphics card only detect up to 60hz refresh rate for these resolutions. It will only detect the 120hz refresh rate at 1080p resolution. Is there a reason for this and is there any way to configure the tv to obtain these higher refresh rates at 1440p and 4k? I would think a tv I paid $4,000 for would be able to support something like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useriphYVNPw02
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I was actually able to get it figured out. After looking in the manual, I was able to find out that the 120hz refresh rate at 4k is only supported on the HDMI 4 port at 4:2:0 chroma Subsampling. It only mildly impacts gaming from my research on the internet and has visually improved the FPS greatly. I was also able to turn on an option on my audio receiver that all other devices are connected to and am able to get HDR for all devices that support it. In regards to feedback. all things considered, I'm very happy with the TV but wish that the 120hz refresh rate was available through all HDMI ports and not just one. If it's advertised as a 120hz native refresh rate tv, it should handle that way across all HDMI ports and not just one specific port at a lower Subsampling. For the money that people pay, it shouldn't take as much research as I had to go through to get the best performance out of the TV. Once everything is up to spec, though, the performance and picture are great. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Please provide the full model code of the unit so that we can look into this.

You can also check your user manual for all supported resolutions.

0 Likes
Solution
useriphYVNPw02
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I was actually able to get it figured out. After looking in the manual, I was able to find out that the 120hz refresh rate at 4k is only supported on the HDMI 4 port at 4:2:0 chroma Subsampling. It only mildly impacts gaming from my research on the internet and has visually improved the FPS greatly. I was also able to turn on an option on my audio receiver that all other devices are connected to and am able to get HDR for all devices that support it. In regards to feedback. all things considered, I'm very happy with the TV but wish that the 120hz refresh rate was available through all HDMI ports and not just one. If it's advertised as a 120hz native refresh rate tv, it should handle that way across all HDMI ports and not just one specific port at a lower Subsampling. For the money that people pay, it shouldn't take as much research as I had to go through to get the best performance out of the TV. Once everything is up to spec, though, the performance and picture are great. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

I definitely understand. We're glad you were able to get it figured out!

0 Likes
Samsung_te2jk8Y
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Where do u find this info about the HDMI port 4 running 4K 120hz? Can u screenshot or send a image?