JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Newsmax TV app problematic

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 08:53 AM)
Options
QLED and The Frame

I purchased a nice new Samsung QN55QN90CAF QN90C Series - 55" Class LED-backlit LCD TV - Neo QLED - 4KTV but having some problems with the Newsmax app.

I signed up for the subscription service but unfortunately the app keeps freezing giving me the three little rotating dots in the middle. At other times it just gives me a message that something went wrong.

I've tried clearing the app, restarting the app and even cool restart the TV. Sometimes it works but not for long. This is consistent and happens every day, but not with other programs. I haven't even had the Newsmax service for a full month. I even tried uninstalling the Newsmax app and reinstalling it, still the same thing. The TV software is up-to-date so I'm puzzled and quite frankly irritated.

Anyone else having this same problem or have a fix?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps for app issues on the television: https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-troubleshoot-apps-that-are-not-workin... 

If that doesn't fix it, and this is the only app giving you trouble reach out to the devlopers:

• 1-800-485-4350. Office hours are Mon-Fri 8:30am - 8:30pm ET, and Sat 9:00am - 5:00pm ET.
  • Newsmax customer support email is customerservice@newsmax.com

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
KATJER
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yes ! Same here !
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yeah… I even tried using the Samsung Internet browser. Although it lasted longer it still gave me an error. I had to refresh the browser and log back into NewsmaxTV. Now, when I was using the Samsung browser I also logged in using a PC. The PC had absolutely no problem and stayed logged in continuously, but the Samsung browser did not.

I was wondering if anybody had the contact information for the Newsmax App. Seems to be a little difficult to find.

Eryacht
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same problem with my Samsung TV.  The Newsmax+ app works perfectly in my IPhone and IPad.  I wonder if Samsung is anti- conservative…

usergMU1uKm9zw
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issues with new Sony TV

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

WOW... I guess Newsmax can't say that it's just with Samsung TVs when it's happening across multiple platforms. This indicates an issue with the application, bad programming code etc.

I wonder if anyone was able to get in contact with somebody from Newsmax who could fix the problems?

I sent an email to Newsmax but apparently, they don't respond.

Options
QLED and The Frame

It appears that customer service (800-485-4350) for Newsmax is the one that handles customer complaints and/or credit card issues for the Newsmax application.

Here's the update. Newsmax said that they are aware of the problem which is the inability to handle the volume so the application crashes. They have given me an extension on the renewal for one month. However, if after one month they can't fix the problem, I can request a refund.

Here's something interesting… I was watching Rob Schmitt last night (February 14, 2024) on the website not the TV and the website even crashed. I told them this as well and they said they are aware of that and are working to fix the issues. Apparently, they were not prepared for the volume of conservative viewers.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Ezmoney2000
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

There is a problem with the Newsmax Samsung app and it is on the Newsmax side. Even when you do get the program, as soon as you turn off the TV you have to log in all over again because the app is not remembering your credentials. They should never have rolled this out until it was ready. I suspect most will be canceling until things get fixed. 

userMUf0SdJTaM
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
It is very annoying to sign back in every time I turn Newsmax on
0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

I certainly understand that. I had to sign in and out multiple times and still it has problems. The website even has problems from time to time. They have way too much volume to handle this rollout and as Ezmoney2000 said, they should never have rolled this out until it was ready.

For me, this program almost never works so I just go to Real America's voice app which works perfectly. The only problem is I paid for service I'm not getting with Newsmax. I suppose by the middle of next month if they can't fix it I'll have to cancel and request a refund.

0 Likes