Original topic:

[Feature/Feedback] Please add setting to disable auto Game Mode sound mode.

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Dancovich
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a 60" Q80T and a Q600C Soundbar. An Xbox Series X is plugged to this setup.

When using the Xbox, Auto game mode is enabled and it turns both Game Mode and VRR on when a game is played.

This is fine and desired, but the issue is that the Sound Mode also toggles to Game every time the TV switches between Game Mode enabled and disabled and it doesn't switch back to Standard when I switch from Xbox to a cable decoder or a video streaming app for example.

To make things worse, Game Mode for sound isn't good. It boosts the volume of sounds coming from the back to a very exaggerated level, making characters literally raise their voices when you turn your back to them. It also upscales the number of channels to 3.1.2 even when a pure stereo sound is being played.

Ideally, the Game Mode page on the TV Settings should have separate toggles for video and audio Game Mode, allowing users to enable only one or the other.

I don't know if this is fixed in more recent TV models, but my Q80T is on firmware 2503 (which, to my knowledge, is the most recent one) still has this issue to this day.

1 Reply
Jc20
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I agree 100%. I have a Q950A and this is super annoying. We should have the option to disable sound modes. Or the option to turn auto change off. I canā€™t stand having to constantly switch out of game mode. I donā€™t want game mode on even when Iā€™m playing games. This is super frustrating. Itā€™s an easy software update. I will not purchase another Samsung anything until this gets fixed. 

Currently have a Q9FN and am buying a new TV this year. Samsung is out of the running if this doesnā€™t get updated. LG and Sony will be the only 2 contenders. 

0 Likes