Original topic:

Q60C QLED will not work with HDMI matrix. 7 other televisions work perfectly with it.

(Topic created: a month ago)
XL5
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have an HDMI matrix that distributes video from my equipment room to 10 televisions in my house. I purchased a new 43 inch Q60C QLED television that will not work with it.  I tried 7 other televisions with the matrix, they all work perfectly with the HDMI matrix. I tested the Q60C QLED television by plugging it into different 1K and 4K sources that I have, satellite receiver, TiVo unit, Blu-ray player, etc. It's happy with those items, just not my HDMI matrix.

The matrix only sends out 1080p, and I am fine with that. The television tells me that the source device has no power, but it does have power. I have tried several adapters that will take a 1080p Signal and convert it to a 4K signal. This WILL work perfectly for about 90 seconds, then the television reports that my source has lost power. It has not lost power.  Also, the television is perfectly happy to display other 1080p source material.  When I try to update the firmware on the television, it goes and looks for the update and then simply reboots the TV. The firmware version does not change. It doesn't respond in normal ways regarding firmware updates.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! With it working with everything but the matrix device would suggest a compatibility issue. I would recommend looking through your user manual to see what devices are compatible and to see what specs would be needed. If this does not help I would recommend either getting an exchange or to try a different device.

XL5
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I am re-posting this question because I was unable to reply. This might be some kind of a glitch in the system, so I am trying again. Perhaps the problem was related to the fact that it was my first post here.

I have an HDMI matrix that distributes video from my equipment room to 10 televisions in my house. I purchased a new 43 inch Q60C QLED television that will not work with it. I tried 9 other televisions with the matrix, they all work perfectly with the HDMI matrix. I tested the Q60C QLED television by plugging it into different 1K and 4K sources that I have, satellite receiver, TiVo unit, Blu-ray player, etc. It's happy with those items, just not my HDMI matrix.

The matrix sends out 1080p, and I am fine with that. The Samsung television tells me that the source device has no power, but it does have power. I have tried several adapters that will take a 1080p Signal and convert it to a 4K signal. This WILL work perfectly for about 90 seconds, then the television reports that my source has lost power. It has not lost power. Also, the Samsung television is perfectly happy to display other 1080p source material.  I have been told that Samsung televisions, and ONLY Samsung televisions are hyper picky with HDCP.