(Topic created: 03-15-2024 01:48 AM)
capnfalkon
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Permanent fix for eARC Soundbars:

Goto All Settings \ Sound \ Expert Settings

Switch eARC to Auto

I've been using it like that for days and days - no drops!

=================================================================

Temporary fix for non-eARC Soundbars:

Goto

All Settings

Sound

Expert Settings

DiGital Output Format

Select PCM

Works for me. Couple of hours without a single drop.

Id suggest we each take this with your local Samsung distributor. The more pressure we put on them the better.

==============

Original Story:

I have a per of QN90c 75" TV and a Q990B soundbar.
After the TV was updated I immediately noticed sound drops with my soundbar. The drops would come at random intervals. Resetting the TV does not help. Neither does changing sound modes. Output via TV Speakers seems to be working fine drops-free.
Searching online i found a few more similar cases with different Samsung TV models and Samsung soundbars affected by the same firmware.

Here's one:

issu with sound after last update - Version 1402.5 - S95C : r/S95C (reddit.com)

JUMP TO SOLUTION
185 Replies
userfawj8nkKAG
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thanks for all the advice. Just to prove I’ve read them all 😉

Check HDMI ARC settings - Both enabled, can’t seem to see anything more to adjust

Try a different HDMI cable - Got a million HDMI cables, but the soundbar uses one of those stupid “mini” ones which I’ve not got.

Update soundbar firmware - Double checked, all seems up to date

Check for interference - TV is wall mounted, with sbar resting on the top. Other than the soundbar transformer there’s nothing within 5m of it.

Contact Samsung support - Will try this in the morning.

Just had a thought, I have the subwoofer behind the sofa connected via bluetooth. I’ll restart that too. #StrawClutching

Thanks again.

Simon

0 Likes
MattyDaddy76
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I had the same problem going on for awhile especially with the last update on the Q90C. 

however, the newest software update for the Q90C fixed most but not all problems. 

for the connection issue, I have the 65Q90C and Q990C. The hdmi cutouts are fixed for the most part after update 1410.1. (Newest). However, for the wifi cutting out and not connecting, you have to go so far as to unplug the soundbar, reset your router, wait about 10 mins to reconnect the soundbar power, then reprogram your soundbar to the SmartThings app. You’ll need to delete your soundbar from SmartThings before resetting everything. This works 99% of the time. 

I have not been able to update firmware on Q990C since purchase.  
hope this helps. 

0 Likes
userfawj8nkKAG
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Me again. 

So I called Samsung Support and they told me the HDMI/ARC cable I was using was probably the issue and best to get another one. So I have ordered one from Amazon which I will install tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

He also said the Wi-Fi sound output was a known issue and that a firmware fix would be out "shortly".  

Interestingly though I was playing with my Virgin router settings today as I was working from home getting dropped connections possibly caused by neighbour interference. So I decided to change the Wireless Channel from 100 down to 36 to see is that helped. It seemed to fix my laptop issue, and I noticed the WiFi audio option has magically returned on my TV+Soundbar too. Further investigation on the 100 channel reveals that is a “DFS” channel. Not sure what that means, but I’ll be sticking with Channel 36 for the time being enjoying  Wi-Fi sound.

0 Likes
userfawj8nkKAG
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Final time

New cable arrived, made no difference whatsoever. Soundbar still cutting out for a second every monute or so. WiFi connection seems pretty stable though so I'll be sticking with that for now.

0 Likes
Brian7
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

See what version software your TV is currently using.  There was an update to 1402.5 that caused sound issues for many and Samsung has since pulled the updated firmware for the site.  Here is the thread: QLED Televisions: Update 1402.5 Causing Soundbar/Home Theater Connection issues 

userfawj8nkKAG
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

So I've been usng the WiFi sound for a month without issues, occasionally trying the HDMI giitchy sound option. Then over the weekend I spotted the software update on the TV (not the soundbar). So I upgraded from 1402 to 1410, switched back to HDMI sound output and waited nervously for the glitch to occur.

I can happily confim that the problem no longer exists. It's been a week and not a single glitch. Sound was awesome, so well happy.

Thanks everyone the the advice. 

Simon

0 Likes
Gianni107
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello everyone,

finally the 1410 update is present on Italy, on the site and so I immediately updated my QE55QN94CATXZT. I tested everything, for 3 hours.

I was surprised, I think that the engineers (at least in my case) have finally solved this annoying defect, I have not had any, I mean no for now AUDIO lag/interruptions of any kind either with the internal speakers or with the Yamaha RX-V675 receiver , the audio responds much better than before. If it stays like this I'm happy. For the video part I don't notice any problems for now.

n.b. I did not perform any type of Reset either before or after the update to the 1410.

0 Likes
Gianni107
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

QE55QN94CATXZT
Maybe I just have one doubt. the screen VIBRATES only on the WHITE parts of the screen, the vibration disappears when Motion Led is disabled, I don't know if it's a defect but maybe it has something to do with Energy Saving? I read a review from a user on a well-known e-commerce platform that talked about this problem.
And I know that Digital Terrestrial TV transmits in 1080i (interlaced) mode to save bandwidth, could this be?
Has anyone noticed this on your TV?

0 Likes
Mici81
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Luckily the 1410 solved the sound drops for me.

0 Likes
ludOh29200
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Waiting for the 1410 update in France ...

LudOh
0 Likes