JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Repair or Replace - Black Clouds, QN75Q70RAFXZA

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 11:23 AM)
NJD11
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

have a couple of black clouds on screen. Have QN75Q70RAFXZA, just over 3 years old. Clouds are mainly visible during sports with moving background of same color. Samsung said about a tech coming out, but really pushed a new tv. They suggested QN85C 75 inch for $1619 with 3yr warranty. Is the black cloud an easy fix or should we look at a new tv? I’ve read about new screen panel replacement but what’s the cost on this? Thanks

IMG_0652.jpeg

IMG_0653.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi there, Thanks so much for asking about this! While it is certainly possible to be fixed, this is likely going to need some major parts replacements. I recommend using the link below to locate some service centers in your area. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate cost estimates, to help you decide if you'd rather repair or replace it. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

However, if you purchased an extended warranty with the TV, you may want to check with them first, as this may be covered. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
NJD11
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Should I look at having Samsung come out and fixing this? Or is it not fixable? 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi there, Thanks so much for asking about this! While it is certainly possible to be fixed, this is likely going to need some major parts replacements. I recommend using the link below to locate some service centers in your area. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate cost estimates, to help you decide if you'd rather repair or replace it. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

However, if you purchased an extended warranty with the TV, you may want to check with them first, as this may be covered. 

NJD11
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you for the reply. It sounds like it will be expensive which is disappointing as it isn’t that old. I’m leaning towards tolerating it as it’s only noticeable on some programs at this point (soccer).

in a slight side-point. Is it normal for the Samsung tech to start wanting me to purchase a tv. He was definitely pushing and followed up with about half dozen texts. Seemed shady, but contacted him through Samsung chat so must have been genuine. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

I can definitely understand your feelings here, and I'm sorry for any confusion. It is likely the technician recognized the cost ineffectiveness of service, and wanted to find the best alternative solution for you. However, if you have any further concerns about their behavior, you're welcome to reach out to a moderator here in a private message for further assistance. 

0 Likes