JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 75inch QLED TV is showing vertical & horizontal lines after a year (Issue Resolved)

(Topic created: 03-15-2022 08:28 AM)
useri0CuBKZKwT
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am seeing vertical and horizontal lines on my Samsung 75 inch QLED TV.  Model QN75Q70RA was bought a year back and was working properly for a year. I noticed it's displaying vertical & horizontal lines after I just cleaned the screen with soft tissues and switch it on.  I can see there are a lot of comments about similar issues and called customer service and sent a few pictures. Samsung customer support is saying it could be panel damage so they cannot help and I am not sure whether it has such a sophisticated or cheap panel that it will go wrong even if we just touch it to clean or move it a bit. There is no physical damage on the TV other than a few vertical and horizontal lines in the screen when I turn it on since I didn't move it other than keeping it down(2-3ft)  with the help of my wife to clean the Tv table.  Customer service is taking it as a sale opportunity and suggesting me to purchase a new TV.  All my home appliances (refrigerator, dryer & washer, and another small tv ) are Samsung Brand only but all are fine so far. It looks like Samsung's large QLED TVs are made of some cheap panels and I am not sure whether it is better to go with Sony or LG for a better quality TV. 

I am expecting some kind of support from Samsung since no one will be happy by facing such issues in a year. Large QLED TVs cost around $1500-$3000 and should stay at least 3-4 years. I would expect Samsung will be able to help me to fix this issue free of cost.

<IMAGE HIDDEN>

useri0CuBKZKwT_1-1647359639634.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup

- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
useri0CuBKZKwT
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I could see another post with similar issues for 85 inches and 65 inches here itself. Samsung should take care of this since its clear that many people are experiencing simar issues with the Q70R models in a year or two

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/QLED-and-The-Frame/Dreaded-horizontal-line-in-18-month-old-QN85Q...

Another post on 65 inch

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/QLED-and-The-Frame/Horizontal-and-Vertical-Lines-QN65Q70R/td-p/2...

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup

- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame
Unfortunately, as Samsung has already replied, if it's out of warranty the cost to repair or replace it will be up to you. Look into OLED TV's. I've been very satisfied with my LG.
0 Likes
user3GQ0xuqce6
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Samsungs are lemons

0 Likes
useri0CuBKZKwT
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is an update to the issue added in the post. Samsung took care of the issue and replaced my panel by covering both parts and labor cost. I am really happy with the Samsung Technical support person Daryl since he really spent time understanding the issue and helped me to resolve it. My initial experience was not good as stated in the post but I called again and was able to connect with this nice guy. He really thinks  from a customer standpoint and understands the value. Also I really appreciate and thank Samsung as a great company for taking care of these issues.

0 Likes