JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Frame white blotches on dark background normal?

(Topic created: 06-29-2021 01:40 PM)
userLPrwBxoSFt
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

This level of bleeding/blooming expected or acceptable on a Samsung frame qled (2021)?   This was captured running a dimming test on youtube (hence the white ball on the right). 

The photo makes it about 2x worse than it looks in person, but it's very prevalent at night in the dark with dark scenes/credits etc. 

Seems a bit excessive to me?

IMG_7743.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

If this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
The picture should be even across the entire screen. This level of clouding and edge bleed is why I switched to OLED. If it's still under warranty I would return it.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

If this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userLPrwBxoSFt
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The blotches are visible on all sources and also the native TV apps, it was also noticeable when the input source was changing the TV frame rate etc and the spinning wheel appears.  

I sent this unit back and got a replacement yesterday.  I can still see the same pattern on the new unit although it isn't as bright, it's definitely not uniform and has the same four patches in the middle and then more bleed around the corners so I assume all panels are like this, some are just worse than others.  

I'm going to give it a week to see if it settles/fades but I think I'll probably end up changing it for a totally different panel.  I knew the frame was more style over substance but it's performance is pretty shocking for the price.