JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

qn800b red dots on screen when first powered on

(Topic created: 02-18-2023 05:34 AM)
jason s
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Really disappointed today after getting my qn800b set up. The very first screen when the set turned on, I had red dots along the bottom about 4 inches apart about 4 inches from the bottom of the screen and about 7 to 8 dots. I called Samsung on this and there sending a tec. Also, I have my TIVO cable box with a HDMI cable 2.1 going to HDMI 1 on the 1 connect box and picture quality is terrible even on the hi aspect channels. Blotchy and cloudy picture with glitching. Not fun to watch. I hooked up both cable and wireless and tried them both with my VUDU streaming ap and anything lower than 4k looks terrible. Same as the cable box.  1080p or I movies take a few seconds to clean up but still look Pixley and blotchy. The only thing that looks good is 4 K movies.  Also, the screen reflects everything in the room. Everything! Really sad this morning and wondering if I made the wrong choice here. Was really expecting something better here with a 2022 model and the money I have invested. Thinking I need to just send this thing back. Anyone have a setting or display options to fix this thing? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi there, Thanks so much for posting about this. As Samsung's warranty is a service based warranty, we do pursue all service options first. Typically, we would recommend the troubleshooting steps in the following link first. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/

However, if those steps do not resolve the picture issues you're experiencing, we would recommend service as the next step. Since you did just recently purchase the TV, you may want to check with your retailer about exchange options. We appreciate your patience with this, and hope you'll be able to fully enjoy this beautiful TV soon. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
jason s
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Owe also it is the 75" TV QN800b

0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame
I have 85" QN900B 2022model and I love it my only complaint is the screen glare like you stated when a light is on it reflects across the whole screen it is NOT one bit Anti-Glare like stated in the description of the tv I originally ordered the 2021 model first one had a dead pixel out of the box I received a replacement which 32 days later went completely black after some back and forth I ended up getting upgraded to the newer model since they had no 2021 models in-stock anywhere near me
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi there, Thanks so much for posting about this. As Samsung's warranty is a service based warranty, we do pursue all service options first. Typically, we would recommend the troubleshooting steps in the following link first. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/

However, if those steps do not resolve the picture issues you're experiencing, we would recommend service as the next step. Since you did just recently purchase the TV, you may want to check with your retailer about exchange options. We appreciate your patience with this, and hope you'll be able to fully enjoy this beautiful TV soon.