JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

samsung S95BA uses data when turned off

(Topic created: 07-28-2023 04:18 AM)
Sniipe
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I would like to disable network usage when the TV is off.

The reason being is that I rely on the parental controls on my router. If I want to set a time quota (eg. 30min) for internet and I add the TV as a controlled device then quota ends at about 00:30 due to the TV sending and receiving internet data.

Is there something I can do about this aside from switching it off at the wall?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RevCyberTrucker
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
No. The device goes into low power mode, but does not shut off completely. There is only one way to stop the connection. Unplug it.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
RevCyberTrucker
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
No. The device goes into low power mode, but does not shut off completely. There is only one way to stop the connection. Unplug it.
Sniipe
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

thanks for the answer RevCyberTrucker. Not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks anyway.

Samsung feature request: Ability to turn off data usage when tv has been put into standby

0 Likes
RM999
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm afraid we don't have a solution but have found a new problem.
Network usage of my TV (if switched off) is always an indication that my TV is in "false standby" (screen off, high power consumption).

This false standby takes 1-10 minutes on my TV after switching off. Maybe fine.

But I have seen this "false standby" state several times for > 12 hours since mid August.

Samsung support claimed that "this is normal for a device with that many features". 

I see a major software or hardware failure and will open a case.

0 Likes
RM999
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a Neo QLED 4K QN90B (bought 10/2022).
With the latest firmware update1520.7 I noticed that my TV has now two power off modes:

a) True standby (screen off, network off, power consumption 1W)

b) False standby (screen off, network on, power consuption > 30W)

Needless to say that state b) violates the TV specs and is a major software or hardware failure.
I'm still investigating, will probably open a warranty case.

0 Likes