cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jones391
Asteroid

Bixby voice control turns on by its self

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had our new Q60 TV, 6 weeks and love it, the only issue is the Bixby voice control
seems to magically turns on even when no one is talking or near the remote, then it will repeat the audio on the TV. The Red light above the Bixby button on the Remote turns on itself on even when the TV is turned off. Any suggestions?

I have unplugged the TV and pulled the batteries from the remote over night and it still turns its self on with no one touching the controls.

I believe that the remote is defective and want a new remote any suggestions would be appreciated before I return the TV to Costco for a refund and exchange.

-Model Code: QN55Q6DRAFXZA

-Serial Number: <HIdden>

- TVkey Device ID:00000002078833b3

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bixby voice control turns on by its self

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since Bixby is automatically activating with only the batteries in the remote, We can offer you an accessory exchange on the remote to see if that fixes the issue. Or you can go with the options Costco is offering for you. Let us know how you would like to proceed.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does Bixby automatically turn on without any batteries in the remote?

jones391
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, only with batteries.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since Bixby is automatically activating with only the batteries in the remote, We can offer you an accessory exchange on the remote to see if that fixes the issue. Or you can go with the options Costco is offering for you. Let us know how you would like to proceed.

View solution in original post

jones391
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please give directions on how to get the replacement

jones391
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Need a replacement of the remote control thru Samsung first

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I definitely can assist you with that. We just need some additional information from you in a private message here.

Full Name:

Full Address:

Best Contact Number:

Email Address:

userLspNpwNhmo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this same issue, I really don't want to return the TV but every time I'm watching a movie or a show Bixby interrupts and I have to rewind what I'm watching at least 3 times in 1 sitting. What are my options? I purchased the TV off the Samsung website 1 month ago.

QLED 60R

user5YZibP9Nsz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently bought a 55" Q70R and mine does the same.  I'll be playing a game and all of a sudden it just starts listening to voices in the room or the game I'm playing without pressing the remote button!

Can we turn Bixby off completely?

userLhbiVDbGnl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased same model yesterday from Costco and faced same issue twice till now. Did changing remote fixed the issue?